Passing Blood Clots - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Passing Blood Clots Passing Blood Clots

Unread 10-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Re: Passing Blood Clots

I have had clots for years now, and as time goes on they only get larger, some being large enough that they will not pass on their own, they have to be pulled out. About the Lupron, my first round was for 7 months, and yes everything came back worse, so the doc did a second round of 8 months, and yes everything came back again, sorry when I say everything I mean the clots, heavy periods, major mood swings, harsh abdominal pain from endo and pcos, don't want to scare you but think long and hard before doing the Lupron treatment. Hope things go well for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Hi Bingokitten: I've been wondering about Lupron myself, other ladies have mentioned "Lysteda" generic name cyklokapron. It sounds alot less aggressive and it sounds pretty effective and you only take it while you're having a period. I'm still looking at info on it, and I called my gyn office to see what they think about lysteda instead of lupron. I'll keep you posted
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM

My Dr told me that polyps in the uterus can cause the excess bleeding/clots.

I have had 2 depo provera shots in the last 1.5 months.
The bleeding stopped for a few weeks, initially.....
but has started again, and the 2nd shot is not effective.

So, I may go into surgery bleeding.
Can anyone share this same experience?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM

My dr gave me progesterone to start taking 10 days before my expected period. They made me pretty sick so I quit after 5. I've never had much tolerance for hormones. It did make my period a little lighter and the clots were much smaller. If it didn't make me feel so bad I would take it up to surgery.

It took about 3 days for the fuzzy, yucky feeling to pass after I stopped taking them but at least I could stop it when I realized it made me feel so bad. I'd be afraid of a shot since I couldn't stop it once it was done.
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:39 PM

My Dr. gave me depro provera to slow the bleeding and hopefully shrink the fibroids prior to my histeroscopy. Also was severely iron deficient.

The shots helped, but as my doctor pointed out, they are not a long term strategy because as soon as you quit taking it, the fibroids grow back faster and larger than before.

Like my doctor, I see them as as a short term fix prior to surgery.

BUT - everyone reacts differently. Good luck with your decision.
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:12 PM

I passed clots for years and thought they were totally normal. In fact, my periods for more years than I can remember were pretty much nothing but clots. It wasn't until I started having a period that was just red blood with no clots that I got worried and went to see the doctor. Strange how what one person thinks is "normal" differs so much from others! Something else for me to ask my doctor about! I'm looking forward to my surgery so that I won't ever have to deal with clots or bleeding again. Not having to deal with that or the pain will make life so much better!
Unread 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdancer View Post
I passed clots for years and thought they were totally normal. In fact, my periods for more years than I can remember were pretty much nothing but clots. It wasn't until I started having a period that was just red blood with no clots that I got worried and went to see the doctor. Strange how what one person thinks is "normal" differs so much from others! Something else for me to ask my doctor about! I'm looking forward to my surgery so that I won't ever have to deal with clots or bleeding again. Not having to deal with that or the pain will make life so much better!
Yeah that's what I tell myself but it still don't make the thought of having a hysterectomy any easier to deal with. I belong to the Yahoo Uterine Fibroid Group and everytime a poster mentions the word "hysterectomy" as a treatment option for fibroids group members rip them a new one. The thinking amongst group members is that in most cases a hysterectomy is totally unnecessary and even though I've had two ob/gyn's tell me that in my case a hysterectomy would be the best treatment option still I have my doubts that maybe the group is right.
Unread 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM

Hello everyone,
I am 7 years post partial hyster. I came on here for support at the time, but after recovery stopped visiting. I keep getting email reminders and finally decided to log back on. I was bleeding literally everyday for a year and dropping HUGE blood clots--one was the size of a football. I literally thought an organ had fallen out. Fortunately, that was just days before my surgery was scheduled.

I guess what I would really like to say is that the hyster was the best thing I ever did. It saved my life. After the surgery and recovery, it dawned on me that I had forgotten how feeling good/healthy felt because I had been bleeding for so long and was so sick and anemic. The clots are scary and not pleasant (I can't tell you how many public toilets I had to clean up b/c they would just fall out of me as soon as I pulled down my panties, which were completely lined with humungous maxi pads....)

Best of luck to all of you who are about to save your lives!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register