Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

I've got just under 5 weeks to go. One more menstrual cycle, yay! Abdominal pain is seeming more intense and everything feels "heavier" -- I got on the list on Sept 27, so have been waiting almost a month so far, and one month to go. I guess I'm about at the half-way mark!

I know quite a few of you are having yours right around the corner.

How long have you got?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Mine is scheduled for November 21st. I am ready...! I have had problems for a long time but just recently decided that this is what I need. I am ready to be done with the constant bleeding!
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:02 PM

We're the same week! I'm curious how a hospital Thanksgiving dinner is going to taste, lol....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 12:49 PM

I am down to 15 days. Hit me today and now I am getting really freaked.....oh well I know it is for the best and I am MORE than done having kids! I just don't like the idea of someone slicing me open.......
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:01 PM

In the USA it's a different system. You seem to be getting surgery and pre-op dates 5 weeks ahead of time!

In Canada it is different. End of June I was booked for surgery, and I still do not have any dates for pre op or surgery! It would help me to know when. I am a planner, everything in my life has dates, being blinded doesn't give me much pleasure that's for sure!

One day at a time! I'm enjoying every day and I am calm, I've mentally prepared myself for this surgery and no longer afraid of it. Not looking forward to the pain afterwards, but, I am sure I will be able to deal with it as many other women do.

My husband is more anxious than I am for this surgery. He feels I've waited too long, I am now in the time frame that was given to me by my gyn. So a day or a few weeks more will not cause me any more stress and I am able to ask my hubby to let time take it's course regarding this surgery.

My Gyn did suggest that If I wanted to get an estimate of when my surgery would be done to look under the webside BC wait time surgery but it doesn't really help me to know when I will have surgery with those numbers.

Trying to be patient for a date, surgery isn't a rush per say!
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM

I found out in August that I need a TAH. I am in BC Canada, So I am in for a bit of a wait. I work 2 jobs and have 3 kids. I wish they understood that I need a date so I can get organized. Even if it isn't until January, at least then I could get started. I am in so much pain right now, I am not sure how I am going to wait.
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:26 PM

I have exactly 3 weeks until my surgery
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:44 PM

I am 8 days..Next Friday Oct 28th....Went pretty quick with me, started the process in July.
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Two weeks from TODAY!

Yikes.

I'm ready, but I'm not.

Ready to be done.
Not ready to hurt.
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Made the appointment 3 weeks ago and only 3 1/2 weeks to go.
I'm so excited!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register