Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 11-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

What are you most scared of Albanese07? Is it the general anasthetic or is it the pain afterwards and recovery? We are all feeling the same, mixed thoughts. We want it done but know that to get the desired result or peace we have to endure a bit first. Big Hugs xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Surprisingly I have not had the scared unsure feelings, I am so ready to have this done, I am tired of being in pain I have two more days and I have been keeping busy cleaning the house and doing laundry, bag is ready just waiting for
10:30 Tuesday morning!!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 10:40 PM

I am most scared of the recovery time and pain during recovery -and not being able to do my normal routine tasks- I have 5 kids and a husband and am usually very busy. It's not being able to make dinner and drive for 2 weeks that im worried about. Plus Im worried my mil won't be able to handle watching my 2 little ones. Things like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2011, 01:34 AM

I just said to my hubby that I am more worried about after the surgery, the surgery doesn't bother me. I have a little house dog who I adore and she gets a little bit widdly when people come to visit so I am always jumping up and mopping her little mess then put her outside for the duration of the visit etc. A silly little thing but it worries me as I will probably have visitors and I won't be able to jump up. Other daily things that I do will also bug me not being able to do...as for driving the car, well I don't even want to think of not being able to do that.
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM

I know, I dont know how im gonna fare ,after surgery, Im not worried about at all, although for the past month, I have felt fine, but I just dont know if I will get that heavy flooding bleeding again and,severe pain, so even though im fine now, in a few weeks I could be not, so getting the surgery done,afterwards is what I worry about, my husband always is on the go, and expects me to do the same,and I wont be able to for a few weeks,also have 3 little dogs,that want to be on the bed, one can jump up and down, the other 2 have to be picked up, well that will drive me nuts, cause they will bark until I do get them up there, but at 12, and 19 lbs, that is a NO NO,will have to get a good pair of earplugs I guess lol
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:41 AM

I wish you well on your surgery. Perhaps having pillows on the bed for when your little dogs jump up, they don't land on your belly. AS for them wanting your attention, this is quite normal, and its hard for them to understand you 'aren't able to be so attentive to them. Can you close your bedroom door so they can't see you? Perhaps this will help. I hear you about 'being on the go'. WE have had to cancel many appts, invitations, etc, as it is nearing the Christmas season and people are having open houses, work parties etc. I am not feeling guilty declining, without explanation. I want to get better sooner, rather than have set backs. You will do fine. JUST take care of YOU.
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM

you need to think of you. WOMEN always put themselves after everyone else. Make it clear that you are 'out of commission' for a time, and let things go from there. Your DH and MIL will surely pitch in for you. IF not, oh well, the house will get messy, the kids will eat kraft dinner. IT won't hurt them. KIDS SURVIVE...................you have to care for yourself. THIS IS YOUR TIME. SIT your DH down and lay it out to him that you NEED HIM. After all, a partnership is in 'sickness and in health' is it NOT???? GOOD LUCK.
Unread 11-06-2011, 09:45 AM

good for you that you are calm. Me, I have had panic attacks. BUT THEN AGAIN, I had a bad experience from which I still suffer nightmares. YOUR surgery will go just fine, as you are going in with a positive attitude. GOOD luck and keep us posted
Unread 11-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

My surgery is this Thursday and I am very very scared!! Being put to sleep is more a fear than anything afterwards !! I was told once I had endometriosis but had no certain test for it. I have fibroids in my uterus, and have always had problem with cysts . But an ultrasound showed I have a huge mass on my left ovary.. This has all come so fast.. I had a period that lasted from June 15th thru the beginning of august.. Then a few weeks later I am told Tvh.. Overwhelming!!!
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:54 AM

After reading so many posts on here about how we are all worried about our significant others taking care of the house and kids while we are recovering got me to thinking.... though we may be stressed about it (and rightfully so), maybe this is our chance to help our partners/families realize how much we really do every day. I know I so often feel like what I do to make my household run smoothly goes unnoticed and unappreciated, and sometimes all I want is a sincere THANK YOU with a hug and kiss. They say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder." The absence of the clean house, the fantastic meal, neatly folded laundry, "mom's taxi" service and all the other little things we do may just bring about some changes (in a good way) around your house and in your life. Be strong ladies (that is what we do best)!! The light at the end of the tunnel is growing brighter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register