Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 11-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

5 days til surgery. I am freaked out about all my lady parts being taken but, I am so ready to not have the heavy heavy bleeding and horrible pains. I am 30 yrs old and very scared about all of the hot flashes, emotions, and the unknown that will come after the surgery. I am excited that this is the last time I will have a period. My period has kept me locked up for years. I schedule the procedure 2 weeks ago. Good luck to all. Happy I have found this site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Im not worried about the sugery heck im not even worried about the after anymore, im just worried if my insurance will approve or deny me again. I cant dwal with this anymore, its getting worse, my surgery is suppose to be the 18th and everyone keeps messing around.
Unread 11-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Iowa-Sweetheart, I've had that problem too last time around. It drove me crazy. The insurance scheduler at my old doctor forgot to tell the insurance company that the surgery was 'medically necessary'. My insurance decided to deny the surgery as an 'elective' despite having the opinion of not one, but three other doctors, telling them that the surgery was medically necessary. I ended up going another route to get the surgery because I had lost my job because of my problem and the insurance with it.

I'm getting my surgery through my state's Vocational Rehab program. I was able to prove to them that my problems have been going on for more than nine months (I provided them with two years of doctor's paperwork - including the 2009 hospital stay for the blood clots) and they took on my case as the problem does keep me from working. (This doesn't work for everyone as there are also monetary restraints, but they are looser than medicaid.)

Call your insurance company and find out what is going on so you are not going to the hospital on the 18th to find out that they aren't doing the surgery because of the insurance snafu. Also call the doctor and tell them to stress to the insurance company that the proceedure isn't an elective its a medical necessity - even if you have to tell them to physically pick up the phone and call the insurance company.

Because it happened to me I know what a cluster**** dealing with insurance companies can be. *Hugs* to you. I hope it works out because I know what it feels like and believe me, it sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2011, 02:23 PM

Oh Ive talked with both the Doctor and insurance, my preop is tomorrow which is now being wasted along with another days work as nd pay, to resubmit the claim more in depth and hope theyll approve it this timr. I was told to try and claim financial aide but we make too much between the both of us. It is the word of 3 doctors over a 7 year period telling me the same story of whats wrong. Insurance is wanting me to do procedures Ive already done, they didnt help but only made things worse.
Unread 11-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Today is 11/6/11 I have my surgery on 11/10/11. Cant wait for it to be over with, No more excessive bleeding, no more crippling pain
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM

I absolutely agree with you and this is what I intend to do. My lift chair is set up in the lounge room in a prominent position and they will just have to function around me while I am unable to do so. I am not going to hide away in the bedroom, I don't want visitors there so the family will just have to pitch in and suck it up while I sit on my lift chair throne...ha ha ha
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:36 PM

I ordered a set of dog stairs, I know that seems crazy. I got them from dogbedz.com. They got here in 2 days. I have a calm king charles cavilier cockerspaniel, but I know he won't jump on me . He just wants to sleep with me maybe this will hellp you. Wal-Mart also has different sizes too. I just figured that mine would be a permanent piece of room furniture so I got the more expensive ones.Good Luck
Unread 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Oh Ive talked with both the Doctor and insurance, my preop is tomorrow which is now being wasted along with another days work as nd pay, to resubmit the claim more in depth and hope theyll approve it this timr. I was told to try and claim financial aide but we make too much between the both of us. It is the word of 3 doctors over a 7 year period telling me the same story of whats wrong. Insurance is wanting me to do procedures Ive already done, they didnt help but only made things worse.
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM

I moved to a new community in September and got a new family doctor. When I met my new doctor I told her about my heavy bleeding. She scheduled me for a blood test, results came back that I am anemic. I knew this my previous doctor had told me this about five years ago. And nothing ever came from it. So my new doctor scheduled me for a pelvic ultra sound. And the results were that I have a plum sized fibroid in my uterus. I just can’t get over that my previous doctor missed this and I’ve been living with this for five years. I knew something was wrong but I had no idea that the heavy bleeding and painful sex was a fibroid. I went and got a second opinion and to sum it all up my hysterectomy scheduled for the 23rd. Both new doctors I’ve seen agree it needs to come out (uterus). I just wish I would have had a more attentive/in tune doctor to begin with and perhaps my fibroid would have been caught sooner and perhaps I wouldn’t be having to have a hysterectomy!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register