Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

6 days , 7 hours , and 20 minutes.....Blast off! I have gone thru sooo many mental changes, anxiety, stress, sadness, happy, you name it. Now I just call my moods by day. Today I was 6! lol. Tomorrow my mood will be 5.
Good luck ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reality2011 View Post
In the USA it's a different system. You seem to be getting surgery and pre-op dates 5 weeks ahead of time!

In Canada it is different. End of June I was booked for surgery, and I still do not have any dates for pre op or surgery! It would help me to know when. I am a planner, everything in my life has dates, being blinded doesn't give me much pleasure that's for sure!

One day at a time! I'm enjoying every day and I am calm, I've mentally prepared myself for this surgery and no longer afraid of it. Not looking forward to the pain afterwards, but, I am sure I will be able to deal with it as many other women do.

My husband is more anxious than I am for this surgery. He feels I've waited too long, I am now in the time frame that was given to me by my gyn. So a day or a few weeks more will not cause me any more stress and I am able to ask my hubby to let time take it's course regarding this surgery.

My Gyn did suggest that If I wanted to get an estimate of when my surgery would be done to look under the webside BC wait time surgery but it doesn't really help me to know when I will have surgery with those numbers.

Trying to be patient for a date, surgery isn't a rush per say!
I'm in Ontario Canada. I have mine on Oct 25th and only waited 5.5 weeks from when the decision was made. I'm having an LAVH, I wonder if the type of surgery has something to do with your wait time.
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Had laparospcopic surgery in February to remove endo and cysts....didn't get as much relief as I had hoped.....scheduled LAVH in July....but have been dealing with these issues since way before my son was born and he's 8 now!

So ready....but so nervous! Only 3 days to go.....Monday morning the 24th....I'm the first one on the schedule....have to be there for 6:15am.....wish me luck!

VERY NERVOUS about how I will feel after.....not worried about pain.....more about hormones and being a raging crazy person....having ovaries removed also so surgical menopause for me. Worried my hubby will not look at me the same after surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM

gottabme... I would call your DR and/or the pre-op department and ask them about your nose. The way they talked with me yesterday made it seem like all would be okay as long as you don't have bad chest congestion.
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM

I've been waiting a few weeks and have over a month to go. Surgery is Nov 30th. It seems so far away. With all this pain , I just want to get it done and over with. Never thought I would be looking forward to it, but as each day creeps by I pray the days start to fly!
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM

I began my journey in May when my Chiropractor found "something". A trip to my GP and he didn't do anything. A trip to my OB/GYN in June, an ultrasound in July and August. 1st date set for Sept 30, cancelled. 2nd date set for Oct. 14th, cancelled. NOW set for Oct. 28th. SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM

The pain while waiting for surgery is awful and stress about the surgery just makes it worse. I am praying for some relief. Best wishes to those of you that are going in before I am and those going after.
Unread 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM

I started to see Dr. about spotting in mid-August. had endometrial biopsy, ultrasound and saw GYN Oct. 11th. We have set a date of November 28th for complete hysterectomy with bladder "lift" I am kind of wishing I had scheduled earlier. Waiting 5 more weeks will be hard. I am already emotional over it, even though I am post-menopausal for over 3 years.
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:46 PM

Canadian Health Care is sure different from USA Health Care. In Canada, they don't give a rip about you in that you have to 'drop everything and run' when they call you for Pre Op. I got called on a Friday after 5 and TOLD to be there on Monday. I had a dentist appt that day and was told to cancel it!!! Plain and Simple. I was some ticked off. The dentist office was closed, no way to cancel my appt, (the answering machine was full by the time I called) and I got charged $25 for not showing. I could NOT call when they opened MON AM because I had to be at PRE OP at 8:30 and NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED. I did make the call when I was in a room waiting for someone to come in and do stuff to me. Got caught by a '*****' nurse and she ragged me out. I told her to 'stuff it', I was in no mood for lectures!!!! LOL
And there is no guarantee that the surgery won't be moved. My friend had hers 'cancelled due to emergencies' 5 times. Once she even got so far as to do the DREADED BOWEL PREP, Starve for 2 days, stressed out, got to PRE OP, had the IV put in, and all the rest of the crap they do to you (including shaved), got wheeled to OR, left outside the door waiting the Anaestheologist, and a nurse came up and said 'YOU are CANCELLED' due to emergency...........................she FREAKED! I would too. She is making an appt with her surgeon to tell him 'NO MORE CANCELLATIONS' or she is going elsewhere! Considering going to the USA, and paying for her surgery. AT least she knows it will get done! HEALTH CARE IN CANADA SUCKS BIG TIME!
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM

That's awful. I would be outraged, too, if they cancelled after all your friend went through to get ready for surgery. So much for it being "free," if it screws up your life so badly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register