Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Mine is one week from tomorrow. Although my fibroids were found in June, I didn't decide to go ahead with hysterectomy until September. Was assessed for DavVinci but not possible with my fibroid size and the immobolity of my uterus. So, I asked to schedule TAH in Dec (I'm a teacher and wanted to benefit from the Christmas vacation). However, I went to my doctor ten days ago when my symtoms had become more troublesome. We easily moved the date to Halloween.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2011, 08:25 PM

I am in US with HMO coverage. Since I got abnormal CA 125 test I was put on a "now" list. I waited two days for the follow-up phone call and two weeks for my surgery. My surgery was on 10/20. Had TLS and I am recovering nicely. Have some jitters about biopsy findings but I am hoping for the best. Good luck to all of you waiting for surgery. Stay strong and focused. This too will pass!
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:18 PM

I am scheduled for full hyst with DeVinci on 17th of Nov. My doctor put me on a drug Provera to help slow down the constant daily bleeding for a cruis I went on two weeks ago. Provera still working pretty good. Has anyone else been put on Provera and if so what are results?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2011, 02:42 PM

I have been put on provera 3 times...because each new Dr must have thought I was full of stories or something.lol. it never worked for me. But I know it works for many. I am T minus 16 hours..can't wait!
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:36 PM

My Hysterectomy is in 8 days... Being only 19 years old and having my Uterus,Tubes, & Overies removed is scary and depressing but going through so much pain for 7 years already makes it worth it. Im just ready for it to be over with :]

Unread 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM

We are having it the same day :] Best of luck!
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:24 PM

I had my first experience with all this at 18 when they took an ovary, have had trouble ever since on and off. I am so sorry they have to take everything. Letsmstay in touch Ginna as I so feelnfor you being so young and havingnto deal with this. We all know we will feelmso much better whe. It's done I know.
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:23 PM

Mine is scheduled for Dec 14th. It is still hard to believe its going to happen! I've had trouble ever since I had my first child 8 years ago. Time to get it done and feel better so I can be there for my two girls. Good luck to everyone having their's done soon. I wish you all a speedy recovery
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:27 PM

scheduled December 16, waiting since April 6th...go Canadian health care waits
Unread 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM

I went to the surgeon's office on Tuesday October 25th and they scheduled my surgery on Monday November 14th. I have 17 more days. I really wanted the surgery sooner, but am glad they are not doing it on Halloween!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register