Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting? Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

Unread 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Re: Countdown - how long do you have? How long have you been waiting?

I found out in September ! Surgery Nov 10th 7 1/2 days!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Mine is on November 8th, I only had to wait about 6 weeks I am so ready for this to be over. My last day at work will be on Friday and then just have last minute things to do around the house and then rest and relax, to all of you that are waiting I wish you luck.
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:53 PM

After 4 years of going to my obgyn complaining of heavy periods and severe cramping and being put on several different birth control methods (none of which helped) I was finally diagnosed with fibroids. That was a year and a half ago. The doctor that I was seeing kept wanting me to just wait it out and see if things changed if I just tried this new bc method or that new bc method. She even went as far as trying to convince me that my cramps were just gas pains. Obviously I dumped her as Dr. and found a doc that really listened to me and how much the cramps and bleeding (which had become constant) was interfering with my relationship with my husband, my work (I'm a dance teacher and pretty much live in leotards and tights), my recreational activity (I race dirt bikes) and mental well being (soooo depressed because my body isn't allowing me to LIVE my life). Though he said I was a good candidate for LSH, I opted to take a less invasive option first. Three months later I scheduled my surgery because that wasn't working and had become thoroughly fed up with the whole situation. Now I'm on his schedule for Dec. 14 (my 36th birthday!!) for first thing in the morning for my LSH... and it won't come a day too soon! I'm nervous about how things will be afterwards because I've read all the posts on here from women that are having issues with HRT even after keeping their ovaries. But I'm trying to stay positive about the fact that my life will hopefully be better when it's all said and done. I don't think I'd be as calm and hopeful without this site. Thanks to everyone for all their helpful info and tips!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Im scheduled for November 8th, can't wait, I have my pre-op tomorrow
Unread 11-04-2011, 02:40 AM

I feel like having a 'P Party' as in Period Party as I am going to be having my very last one this month. It is almost too good to be true..Just think of the money we ladies will save not having to buy sanitary items.
Unread 11-04-2011, 06:08 AM

November 14. Anticipation is always the worst part!
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:44 AM

I'm November 14th too! At 6am I will check in for 7:30am surgery. I'm having a davinchi so just an overnight stay! I'm packed and ready to go! Waiting is the hardest part!
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:26 AM

My surgery is in 12 days! Getting nervous and anxious. I am having a TVH or a TAH, my doctor said that she won't know which way to go until I'm in surgery. So not looking forward to that part... so I'm planning on a TAH, then if she doesn't have to do that I will be surprised... The process went pretty fast, Seen my doctor the end of September, went for the ultrasound, went back in for the results in October and I'm scheduled for November 17th.
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM

10 days (not counting today) for me. Mine is scheduled as an LAVH - but I'm prepared for an Abdominal surgery as well. I pretty much had the same schedule as yours Kelly

Late Mid September to see the doctor, followed by an MRI for the doctor to see what he would be dealing with when it coms to surgery (including a baseball sized tumor that prolapses into my vaginal cavity). My pre-op was on the 27th and included a visit to a Hemotological Oncologist because I had blood clots in the past, an ultra sound to check for new clots in my legs (There were none - and to boot they looked like I never had clots to begin with, but I did almost 2 and 1/2 years ago) and a quick visit with the GYN to go over the everything including my prep which includes bowel prep and a liquid diet 24 hours before surgery.

Right now I'm more anxious than nervous. I just want this done - I'm tired of the constant bleeding, even while on Lupron. I already warned the doctor that I will most likely be bleeding on the day of the surgery and he told me not to worry. For me I'm ready to begin recovery and to be able to return to a more normal life.
Unread 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmeffa View Post
I feel like having a 'P Party' as in Period Party as I am going to be having my very last one this month. It is almost too good to be true..Just think of the money we ladies will save not having to buy sanitary items.
I bet if I totaled up all the money I've spent on sanitary items in the past few years I bet I would have a nice down payment on a new car! LOL! And it bugs me to death knowing that all that is in our landfills. It will be a happy day for me when I can make a trip to the store and those items are NOT on my list of things to get!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register