Pre-Op Shopping | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Shopping Pre-Op Shopping

Unread 12-17-2001, 08:26 PM
Pre-Op Shopping

I finally did it. I went out and bought some things for the stay in the castle. I bought a thin, soft BIG housecoat. Pajamas. (Shorties, Longies and gowns), and slippers. Big fluffy ones with skid proof bottoms. My DH and DM both are planning on sharing the responsibilities of hospital court jesters. I can't wait, they both snore! LOL!!

I am going to buy them a basket of goodies for the hospital stay. Crossword puzzles, snacks, ect... (Read about a sister who did this and thought what a great ideal.)

I also am making something for my nurses. I've already talked to the girls who are scheduled, requested my circulator, scrub nurse and nurse anesthetist. Most of all, I requested my private room.

I am over the crying and now just anxious. I am so ready for this to be over. I went and got 4 1/2 inches cut off my hair. THis is a big step for me. I have had long hair for so long. My hair is now at my shoulders with lots of layers and flips up on the ends. My DH loved it. Which is a shock! I just wanted a simple hairstlye that would be easy to care for when I get home.

I love you all for your posts and support. This board has been a major part of my life for 3 months. My DH even tells people about it and asks about some of you I talk about.

Sweet dream and God bless all of my sisters. 1/03/02 won't get here quick enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 02:12 AM
Pre-Op Shopping

Shelley Belly,
It sounds like you are ready to go! It's great that you have the support system you need! You have done a thorough job. Now, I hope you can relax and enjoy this holiday season. I know that you will continue to read and post. We are here for ya!
Unread 12-18-2001, 06:53 AM
Pre-Op Shopping

Hi Shelley Belly! Ooo-la-la! A new do, huh? That does make us feel better before going to the castle. Your jammies, robe and slippers sound just devine...you will be clothed in Princess gear. Now don't forget your crown!

and s

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 07:45 AM
Shopping

Hi'
I went shopping to bought a pink jammy outfit with scooby doo on it. He is laying on a bunch of pillows relaxing, the caption is every dog has his day. Certainly we are not dogs but we will have our day and days to relax and be pampered. Its funny most of the things I bought are pink. I guess I just wanted to fell a little feminine. Congrats on the new hairdo. Now you will be beautiful inside and out. Keep up the good spirit. My surgery is tommorow so I'll see ya on the other side.
God Bless
Sue
Unread 12-19-2001, 04:33 PM
Shopping Spree

Shelley - way to go!!!
I have been meaning to do just that for weeks, but I keep concentrating on
Christmas stuff instead. I did however, ask for an eye mask, earplugs, crossword books and jammies from Santa this year!

I am scheduled Jan 9 for a (Hopefully) TVH.

I love the idea of a low maint hairdo. I have let my hair grow for the last 2 years. I think it is a perfect time to cut it off again!

Good luck to you , and God bless all my great hystersisters!

Cheers,
Dawna
Unread 12-19-2001, 05:01 PM
Pre-Op Shopping

WOW Shelley!

You are certainly on the ball! I have been getting prepared as well. On my Christmas list this year was...jammies, slippers, etc... things that I wanted to have for my trip to the castle.

I also got my hair done a few days ago. I got a cut and some highlights put in. Nothing wrong with being a pretty princess. hehe I am already in the pampering mode...

Happy Holidays to my Jan. sister!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register