5 days left b4 going to castle..my nose is stuffy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days left b4 going to castle..my nose is stuffy 5 days left b4 going to castle..my nose is stuffy

Unread 10-20-2011, 08:50 PM
5 days left b4 going to castle..my nose is stuffy

I'm praying it clears before next Tuesday. I was dusting with a mask on to prevent my nose becoming stopped up. My dd had the sniffles last week, but it was due to allergies. no sign of a cold from her. The advice nurse at the office said I cannot take anything like airborne or emergen-cee.
I just used a "Nettie pot". I hope this is ok. It's a solution mixed with warm warter to rinse the nasal passages. This didn't work right away. Nothing can get in the way of this scheduled date! Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Re: 5 days left b4 going to castle..my nose is stuffy

Oh No! No airborne?!?!? Did she say why?

I guess a saline nasal spray or the nettie pot and vitamin C would be the next best thing to cold remedies. And rest.

Sending good thoughts
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:06 PM

Make sure you boil the water or use sterile water for the Nettie pot. I read in the south this guy used warm tap water and there was an organism or something in the water and it killed him. I always find the worst about everything. I took airborne the three days before my surgery cause I was coming down with a cold and I did fine during surgery. My doctor never said I couldn't take airborne. Just keep drinking orange juice and lots and lots of water
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2011, 11:23 PM

I'm sorry you have a stuffy nose. You did the right thing calling the advice nurse or your doctor! I was also told no Airborne, vitamin C or anything like that close to my surgery. Some supplements/vitamins can cause issues with thinning the blood, problems with anesthesia, etc.

I have the same stuffy nose right now and mine is allergies. It's been like this for the past week. Drink plenty of fluids, try some soup and rest. I hope you feel 'clearer' soon! Hang in there!

Deb
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Hi McLila!!

Some of the ingredients in airborne (herbals) should not be taken prior to surgery, mainly with anesthesia. Some prolong the sedative effects of anesthesia, fluctuations in blood pressure, or increase bleeding.
I don't have a list of which ones..I have to check into ginger tea! I drink it all the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register