Scheduled TAH Starting To Worry About 'Little' Things | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting To Worry About 'Little' Things Starting To Worry About 'Little' Things

Unread 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Starting To Worry About 'Little' Things

First I want to say how thankful I am that I found this site. Reading about what other women have gone through is helping me prepare for what I will be going through.

My surgery is scheduled for November 18th. I've suffered with endometriosis all of my life. That led to tumors, and having my right ovary & fallopian tube removed.

Then in August I had my FIRST abnormal PAP. Biopsy led to LEEP and I also had a laparoscopy done to see what was going on with my left ovary. That surgery showed suspected Adenomyosis and a disgusting amount of endometriosis. My margins for my LEEP were not clear.....they showed CIN 1 and CIN 2. So my doctor sat me down and said that we fought the good fight, but the time has come.

Now I wait. And for some reason, all I can think about is 'how am I going to cook Thanksgiving Dinner?' and 'How am I going to do Christmas Shopping?' I think I'm losing it.

I'm scared. That much I know.

I go back to work on Monday (had surgery on October 7). Going back until November 17, and then will be out until January.

Just feels like it's all happening so fast now.

Sorry if this is rambling. Just a lot of thoughts and emotions today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Re: Starting To Worry About 'Little' Things

Its completely normal to be emotional.... I know I was. You have a lot going on. I think it is just part of the process. I was also worried about little things. I had my surgery in May and was so worried about how I was going to get flowers ready for Memorial Day.

I hope everything goes well with your surgery....seems like we have a lot in common. Let me just say I have NEVER felt better! to you!!

If you need anything or have any questions, just know I am here. We all are!
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:01 PM

I have had abnormal paps for 15 years and I am 36 years old. I have had colpos and LEEPS every year, and this was the first year it ever came back with bad results leading to the hysterectomy I had this week. Good luck. It will all be over soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2011, 08:36 PM

The waiting is the hardest part. I had a TAH on the 20th of Sept.
It will all get done! I am not normally a worry wart - but - I was freaked about everything prior to surgery.
I am not 4 week post op - and - it all seems so silly now, but feel so real just 4 short weeks ago.
You will be fine. This sight is such a HUGE help.

I would so suggest getting the belly band support, it would be so helpful!! As was a good body pillow. I got a memory foam one, love it!

Good Luck - Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:52 PM

I know what you mean, my surgery is scheduled for this next week Wed. The days are fine but late night, I start to worry and fret. Hang in there it will all be in the past soon. I have found when my head takes me to a worry over crazy stuff place if I just get up and get busy things are better for me. (and my house is cleaner than it has ever been).
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:56 PM

I had my surgery July 20. I also had abnormal paps and a LEEP which caused my cervix to scar shut. The scarring prevented the doctor from obtaining further biopsies (and it was a nightmare of pain each time he tried) and it also prevented my period from passing through. Which led to adeno... It's normal to be stressed beforehand, and I think most of us go through it. I hope your surgery and recovery are uneventful and you feel better.
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Sorry to hear u are having so many worries. I have a few suggestions. For Thankgiving u can have each person bring 1 dish,and all you have to worry about is the turkey. My parents are elderly and its hard for mom to cook so she order Thanksgiving dinner from a grocery store. I know that Cracker Barrel does this also.

You could do layaway and go ahead and get Christmas. I found out Wal mart and Kmart have lay away. Tractor supply Co. they have a lot of cute stuff and clothes, or if u dont have time order stuff off the internet.

Just try and relax
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:05 PM

I'm scheduled for a davinchi on November 14! I'm also worried about Thanksgiving- here's what I did. I always host it at our house so I'm still doing that except this year all my relatives are bringing 1 or 2 dishes. My husband is pulling the turkey in and out of the oven for me, I can baste it. Instead of making my usual pies my mom and daughter are making one and I'm buying a frozen pumpkin pie. I'm still making my stuffing, but my kids will be stiring it up for me. I'm actually kind of excited because this teaches my kids some family recipes.
The first two weeks are the hardest so I plan on resting alot ! Reading and walking to the mailbox and around the house will be about it.
I'm very ready, my bag is packed and I've bought all the essential items so that makes me calmer.
Don't worry- you will get through this! Ask for help and rest! good luck!
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:44 PM

Re family gatherings: Why not ask everyone to bring everything--including the turkey? Last thing you'll need is to be wrestling a 20-lb. bird into the oven.

And I recommend using that nervous energy to do things ahead: I painted my toenails, cooked a couple of meals and froze them, and did a bunch of things I figured I would not want to/be able to do just after surgery. (I especially liked having the fresh pedicure.)

And don't be afraid to ask for help with meals or other needs--you might be surprised at how many people like being asked. Hugs and luck
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:36 AM

I understand your fears..I am having a TAH October 26..I have soo much going through my mind daily..thank God for this site and all of the support..I will pack today then I may feel a little less stressed..I also usually do Thanksgiving but I will cross that road when I come to it...right now I need to figure out how to get some sleep and stop being a nervous nelly..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register