Surgery obsessed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery obsessed! Surgery obsessed!

Unread 12-18-2001, 01:33 AM
Surgery obsessed!

Hi everyone-this is such a wonderful site. I have been reading it for a couple of months, but this is the first time I have posted anything. I am so relieved to know that you all are just as scared as I am! I am having a TAH/BSO on January 2, and I am just terrified.I have severe endo, so the surgery is definately needed, but I am only 28 years old, and I have no experience with any women my age that have had this surgery-it scares me so bad to think that I'll be at the mercy of a hormone patch! I never even took the pill because I didn't like the thought of taking the hormones. Am I going to turn into a fat, *****y woman who's all dried up???? Or will I feel better and sexier than ever. I am married to a wonderful man and I have two beautiful girls, thank god. I just really would love to hear from you guys out there that have had this and been happier and more beautiful than you once were.I am so thankful to have found this website. It is just wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 05:48 AM
Surgery obsessed!

Vegas girl!

I, too, am surgery obsessed! Although I go in tomorrow. I can't seem to stay off this website. A lifeline, for sure!

I wish I could answer your questions about menopause at 28, but unfortuantley, I can't. I would encourage you to use the pull down lists as there is tons of info on them. I also got the hyster sister book, and that's been really good to read, too. You are certainly NOT alone in having surgery this early. Check out the chat room, too. The ladies there turn into dear sweet friends in no time at all!

The waiting is the hardest part, I've heard, but I put my time :time2: into research. I feel now that I got all the info needed - SO RESEARCH to your heart's content!!

Blessings!

Mary Ann

lavh 12/19/01
endo/possible adeno/chronic pelvic pain
Unread 12-18-2001, 06:25 AM
Surgery obsessed!

I'm sorry that I can't offer the post surgery support right now, but wanted you to know there's another "surgery obsessed" woman out there, me! My surgery is Jan 10th for severe endo (tah/bso) as well. Like you said, I know it has to be done, but I would rather a doc say has to be, must be, no choice. I still have that choice, it's still "elective", if I decide of course to continue feeling as horrible as I have been (can't do that I know it).

That's the hard part, is I keep thinking...should I do this...what if I feel worse. This site has made me realize, that I can only feel better. Of course, there's surgery pain and recovery, maybe a little hormone playing around to get the right mix, but I know in my heart, my quality of life and my relationship with my husband, can only improve. I am now starting to realize how debilitating this disease is and how much it has affected the qualify of my life.

I'll be thinking about you on Jan 2 and just think you'll be 8 days on your way to recovery when I am just going in and a nervous wreck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 07:12 AM
Surgery obsessed!

Hi!
I learned that it's ok to be scared. I went on the chat last night, met some lovely ladies, and realized that it's not only ok, but to be expected. I'm having a tah/bso on Jan 10 also (like Jennifer) for severe adhesions and endo. I worried about hormones also, and like you, have never taken the pill because I didn't like the thought of using hormones. If you go on the home page, at the bottom, there are some pull down menus, and some great info on the hormone jungle. When I went to my doctor with some info on some potential hormone combinations, she said she was impressed on how thoroughly I had done my homework. In our nature, we tend to fear the unknown. By getting as much information about this as you can, it gets less and less dark and forboding. Visit the Chat Room. The ladies there are always ready with a kind word and genuine caring support. Ask Questions, read, read, read, and realize it's ok to lean on others sometimes.
I don't mean to sound like a know it all.
I'll be thinking about and praying for you on your big day, then you can come back and tell everyone how wonderful you feel.
Be gentle with yourself.
Let yourself cry when you feel like it.
Know you are loved.
Unread 12-18-2001, 08:23 AM
Surgery obsessed!

Hi LadyT
From what I have read there is no such thing as an ugly
Just take it one day at a time. Being only 28 could be good in a way. You will have a lot more years to enjoy pain free compared to the rest of us. I'm 36 and if I could have done this 8 years ago and been pain free for the last 8 years. Whoa Boy, wouldn't that have been nice. God has a plan for all of us. I'm just putting my faith in him, and I know it will be alright. Stay strong and read everything you can on this site. It really has given me the strengh to go forward with my surgery with very little fear. I don't plan on morning my insides. I plan on : the new life ahead of me.
God Bless
Sue
Unread 12-18-2001, 08:32 AM
Surgery obsessed!

I agree, this site is addicting once you find out that you have to have it done! Thank you for this site! Mine is a TAH/BO also on Jan. 10 and I to am scared to death. Being scared with others is better than being scared alone. I said a rosary last nite to fall asleep and it helped, that is useful if you are Catholic! Good Luck!
Unread 12-18-2001, 09:08 AM
Surgery obsessed!

I had a TVHBSO on December 3rd and it was a breeze. The worst part was throwing up for two days after the surgery. I am only 31 and have two children at home - one of them will be a year old next week. I have been really lucky with my surgery because it was truly easy! All of the hype I put into never was an issue. I feel better than I have felt in a long long time and am so glad I did it. I had endo, andomyosis, PCOS and cysts on my cervix as well and my uterus was retroverted (laid on my backbone) so I was in constant discomfort. Well not anymore. It is truly a wonderful thing. I am wearing a hormone patch (Climara) and it works wonderfully. My pharmacy gave me the generic and that was a mistake because it loses its adhesive after two days and they weren't supposed to give the generic anyway... So talk to your doctor about that and look forward to the happy days you WILL have real soon! Good luck!
Unread 12-18-2001, 08:28 PM
Dont' worry Be happy

Hello

I am having my LAVH/?BSO on 1/3/01 and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
I work in the OB dept. at the hospital I am having my surgery at. So, I see everyone who will see all of me. I talked to my CRNA today (like everyday) and he said he is ready for me. I am nervous but just ready to get it over with.

My mother had her TAH when she was 27. I even remeber it. My grandmother kept us that WEEK (Yes, she stayed in the castle for a whole week) and she let our gerbils loose. I was ready for her to come home. She said if she had known she would felt this good, she would have done it years earlier. She has been trying to talk me into this for years. I finally gave in to my body and my mother. What a rebel I am. LOL

You are feeling the same as all of us. Hang in there. Lots of prayers are your way.
Unread 12-18-2001, 10:29 PM
Surgery obsessed!

I can't really help you much because I was so much older when I had my surgery. However, I was terrified of the surgery, and everything went so well. Thanks to the advice someone gave on this board, I ate very lightly the day before surgery and I think that really helped with nausea.

As for how you will look, well--I'm not on hormones, but tonight I went out to my daughter's high school hockey game and everyone was not only amazed to see me, but they said I looked FANTASTIC! I know they wouldn't tell me if I looked BAD, but I felt I looked really good. And that's without hormones! Think what you youngin's who can take hormones will look like!

My aunt took them for 35 years and looked gorgeous. She did ultimately get breast cancer at age 75 (and is still doing well at 79), but she said she'd STILL take the hormones. She LOVED how she looked on them! And they are much improved nowadays.
Unread 12-19-2001, 12:32 AM
Thank you

Thank you so much for all of your responses! I should have been writing on here earlier. I feel much better. I am praying for all of you-talk to you soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register