Adenomyosis , fibroids, pain and frustration! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis , fibroids, pain and frustration! Adenomyosis , fibroids, pain and frustration!

Unread 10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Adenomyosis , fibroids, pain and frustration!

So glad that I found this site... Ive found tons of information and support ( even though I've been lurking)
My surgery is scheduled for 10/28.. Having the davinci with uterus and cervix removed... After 2 years of going back and forth between my Gyn, MD and GI doctors, finally got a diagnosis about two months ago. Through and MRI. I knew that I had a fibroid ( now there's 2) but theyre pretty small.. Also knew I had a cyst on my ovary but was told it was not serious and comes and goes on its own( is that possible?)
So now I find out that I have adenomyosis .. Im in pain even when I'm not on my cycle.. I feel like I'm having Braxton hicks/ contractions all the time.. I had a few days of relief but the pain is back with a vengeance.. I've been prescribed every pain killer under the sun but I'm tired of taking pills. They disrupt my every day functioning ( but so does the pain, can't win huh). My doctor thinks I have a kidney infection and I def have a uti.. Abt. 2 weeks ago , I started having this sharp pain on my left side, in addition to pain in my abdomen and pelvis... I'm just so miserable and I want this over with......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Re: Adenomyosis , fibroids, pain and frustration!

Sorry to hear of all your complications. As if just having one issue wasn't enough right . I also had pain, like yours and all they ever find is a cyst that comes and goes on its own. I've always accepted that they can but like you say , can they really . Instead of dealing with pain and meds that barely work if that I also am going with a hyster . Good luck to you & hang In there you are not alone!
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:33 PM

I have andenomyosis and the pain does get really bad. Nothing seemed to help. I guess the best was 800 mg motrin but that did not do much either.

I am so sorry you are going thru this. I can tell you that I am only 3 days post op and feel better than I have in months. Hardly taking pain pills now... Hang in there... you will feel better soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Sounds like me! Im having lots of pain also. For many months. Im having a Vag. Hysterctomy Nov 30th. My Fibroid tumor is the size of a golfball, don't know if thats considered large or small? But I recently gave in and started taking pain meds. It's helping. So sorry to hear they didn't work for you. But I really understand how you feel about the pain. Thats first time I have heard another woman explain the way their pain feels like Braxton Hicks! It's a comfort to me because I thought I was crazy when I kept telling my husband and Dr my pain felt like I was in labor! And I know how that REALLY feels because I had natural childbirth twice. Thank goodness you don't have to wait too much longer for your surgery. I hope after you heal you will be PAIN FREE.
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:53 AM

I was wondering if any of you with adeno suffered from bleeding after intercourse ?
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:03 AM

yes... I had bleeding after sex. I also could have one or 2 periods a month. extreme bleeding with lots of clots...
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullof??? View Post
I was wondering if any of you with adeno suffered from bleeding after intercourse ?
Im not sure what adneo is, but i have a fibroid and I have lots of pain with sex.
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:34 AM

I feel your pain, and I am sorry. I too have adenomyosis and endo and the pain these days is unbearable. I have the sharp pains on the sides as well, I know I have endo and adhesions there and my ovary looks like it is glues again to the fundus and ligament and I also have a cyst. I am scheduled for my hyster on 12/13... so far away. I am also getting a little sling for my bladder and getting checked for IC. I too pray for relief, I am so over this and ready to live again and hopefully be pain free. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get relief!
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Thank you for the replies my dr isnt sure what is wrong with me. In april I had a lap to look around but they couldnt really see anything of concern even though I was in pain. Since then things have gotten worse so now im just going to have a hyster. Totally my.choice and even if I have.alot of questions im totally fine with having it.done .
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Thanx for the responses ladies... Although this situation sucks, I'm glad to have found ppl that understand how I feel.. I was beginning to think that I was going crazy until I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis ( although I never heard of it before then) I'm trying to stay positive but I have a strong feeling that my Dr is going to find something else going on in there during the surgery... This pain is just too much.. Best of luck to u ladies.. I'm 6 days and counting...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register