Adice??Having lots of pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adice??Having lots of pain Adice??Having lots of pain

Unread 10-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Adice??Having lots of pain

My surgery is Nov 30th, Im so nervous and having a lot of pain. I have a fibroid tumor the size of a golfball in my uterus . i have read and my Dr told me they are almost always NON cancerous, but I still worry, what if???Anyone here have fibroid tumors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Re: Adice??Having lots of pain

My Drs. have also told me they are almost never cancerous. I had an endometrial biopsy and it came back clean so odds are that mine aren't. It did put my mind at ease to have one done. They will probably test what they remove too so will know for sure once you've had surgery.
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Thank you! And Yes my Dr did tell me the pathologist will test it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Yes, I have fibroids. Dr. said very large and I did not ask how large. I am scheduled for Nov.11 TAH/BSO with appendix removal. Dr tried to do an endometrial biopsy but was unsuccessful. I'm sorry you have to wait so long as it so hard to do especially if you are in pain. Hopefully the time will go fast. I am concentrating on preparing my house, meals and what I will take to the hospital per the awesome advise the other sisters on here provided. It has really helped me to relax a bit and concentrate on things other than worst case scenerios that seem to want to take over. Please try not to worry to much. Stay positive and know that you always have your sisters here to lean on.
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRD2011 View Post
Yes, I have fibroids. Dr. said very large and I did not ask how large. I am scheduled for Nov.11 TAH/BSO with appendix removal. Dr tried to do an endometrial biopsy but was unsuccessful. I'm sorry you have to wait so long as it so hard to do especially if you are in pain. Hopefully the time will go fast. I am concentrating on preparing my house, meals and what I will take to the hospital per the awesome advise the other sisters on here provided. It has really helped me to relax a bit and concentrate on things other than worst case scenerios that seem to want to take over. Please try not to worry to much. Stay positive and know that you always have your sisters here to lean on.
Thank you so much!Reading these posts has already eased my mind. Im so glad to have found this site.And Im finding very useful advise. For instance like you said preparing my house. My husband has been doing all the cooking, cleaning and laundry lately because Im too tired and in pain. But I do want to a REAL overall cleaning before my surgery. As wonderful as my husband has been ...Men in general don't clean the way we do, LOL!
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM

My doctor found my golfball in May. It had grown to a lacrosse ball by September. I just had it removed this past Thursday. YAY!

Before surgery, the pain and exhaustion waxed and waned. When I didn't feel bad, why would I put myself through surgery? The good thing about the bad times was that I was sure that the surgery was the right thing to do.
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:24 PM

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I can totally relate. I have several fibroids that size and one of them are over the size of a midterm pregnancy. The pain is awful. I am scheduled for the total Divinchi LAVH. Unfortunately because of the size of the fibroids, an open incision may still be necessary. My date is Nov.16th. I try to rest as much as possible. The pain is pretty consistent so I just take otc medications. they give minimal relief but some is better than none.

I wish you the best.
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Ive got three oranges and a plum... I still giggle at the visual. I had my biopsy Thursday... itll take about a week for results... Im not going to worry about it... its out of my control. Im waiting to be scheduled for a total laparoscopic assisted hyst. with morcellation... I watched a Youtube video of the procedure... gross, but at least I feel informed of whats coming. Dont be afraid honey... we're on a path that has been well paved. Its going to be better than ever once its done.
Unread 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM

Thank you ladies. just hearing your stories and what your going through helps a lot! @ Gardenangels your oranges and plums description gave me a little giggle too! Thanks for that, much needed! @Relli i feel for you! Just this week I decided to try the pain killers, they are helping . I had been resistant because before and after my hip surgery a few yrs ago I was on pain meds for way too long! I gained weight and I didn't like the way they made me feel. But with over a month to go til TVH I had to give in, the pain and bloating was getting to be so unbearable! Good luck to ALL of you! Warm thoughts and prayers !!
Unread 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM

All of you guys are awesome!!!! We are all doing to do great. I appreciate all of the support and the laughs! It's making a tough situation much easier to deal with. Thank you all for sharing!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register