Any advice as far as what to expect post-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any advice as far as what to expect post-op? Any advice as far as what to expect post-op?

Unread 10-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Any advice as far as what to expect post-op?

Charles City Iowa here, Scheduled for November 18, 2011. Im new to site Open to any advice as far as what to expect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Re: Any Iowans Out There?

Welcome! I had my daVinci Lap. on October 13th. Went to Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. I work there and was worried about how that would go. I had awesome care from all involved! I just had my uterus and cervix removed, was worried about the prep. No big deal. Was worried about how I would feel after surgery. I had troubles with my lower abdomen hurting ALOT! Stayed in the Hospital an extra night.
I seem to be having trouble (9 days out) with gas pains and my poor bowels! But I need to watch what I eat and take it easy. Advice would be to TAKE IT EASY! Rest, and more rest.

Good Luck!!
Unread 10-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Re: Any Iowans Out There?

My main concern is what to expect afterwards, the surgery itself doesnt scare me. Im also afraid of will my Husband still feel attracted to me and I know thats just silly cause hes a great man. Weve only been married a year and maybe its just me and my outrageous fears and my emotions getting the best of me. I cant have anymore children as it is, so nothings really changing. I guess its just the fact Im loosing woman parts. I just found out 3 days ago all this is coming down on me and its something Ive actually wanted since Ive had to deal so long with the symptoms and this pretty much the only way to cure them. Im not sure which method of hysterectomy there going with if its going to be divinci, or vaginal or what not so Im unsure of whats going to happen and how long I be down. I guess Ill find out at my preop on the 7th. I know itll take alot out of me and Ill be down for quite awhile. On top of it Im worried about my job and its a great job and there understanding and they cant do much to me sinces is out of my hands but Im worried how Ill feel going back to work and if Ill be able to preform like I am now. I guess its more I have been so busy the last few days I havent really got to think about it til now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register