Will this pain go away afterwards???! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will this pain go away afterwards???! Will this pain go away afterwards???!

Unread 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Will this pain go away afterwards???!

My doctors are baffled by this particular pain, but maybe someone else has experienced it. The areas of my belly closest to my ovaries occasionally feel knotted up and incredibly pained - as though I'm being stabbed through the gut. It's a kind of similar pain to that sharp pain in your side when you run too much -- except it's not in my side, but on the front of my abdomen (again, right where ovaries are). My uterus is very heavy and enlarged and appears to be interfering with my sciatic nerve, wondering if the heaviness is hurting the ovaries or what. The longer I sit, the worse the pain. Anybody have anything like this - and most importantly - anybody find relief post-hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Re: Will this pain go away afterwards???!

I had pain just like that along with the huge back pain issues.
I am now 5 days post op and the stabbing pain is gone. In fact most of my pain I had before is gone. I only have healing pain down low Pelvic floor and still a little in my rebuilt bladder. I am only on OTC meds now.

I know most of my pain was due to fused organs and scar tissue. If your is the same then perhaps your pain will be gone too...
Talk to your doc about it.
A prayer for you...
Unread 10-24-2011, 12:33 AM

I had similar pain to yours and am now 3 weeks post op. The doctors had no idea what the source of my pain was and I thought I was going crazy after many years of worsening pain.

For me, it turned out to be endometriosis and it had caused my ovaries to become scarred down in a twisted position. Because they were twisted, blood supply would be affected causing severe pain. Since surgery, all of that is gone. Only normal post op pain. Compared to the agony I lived with every day, post op was easy!

I know I went into my surgery terrified that it wouldn't work; that the pain would remain. There are many many other women on this site who understand and had those feelings. Be strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2011, 03:02 PM

You could be describing my pain! I'm told mine is due to scar tissue from having my lining removed plus previous ovarian cysts/fibroid's. I have had acupuncture to try and relieve the pain in the top of my leg - fluid collects in the muscle cavity. I often liken it to a small man inside me waving a stick - only he gets angry and really gives it some! I too am hoping that the surgery ends all of this - good luck
Unread 10-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Me! I have very similar pain. My dr just like yours is insure why. I decided to get rid of it and im scheduled for a hyster
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Yep I have that pain. I have went to stand up and has to sit down fast because the pain would take your breath. The DH is asking if I am ok and I can't even answer. I too have alot of back pain and have been going to the doctor because I thought I hurt my back. My gyn said it might not be my back but my uterus...I sure hope so because sometimes just standing in one spot really hurts!!!
Unread 10-24-2011, 07:37 PM

You are describing exactly what I am experiencing. I know I have cystic ovaries and that sharp pain is how it feels when they rupture but the pain had been pretty consistent for weeks now. I am glad to know that the pain will go after surgery. I am looking forward for relief from that pain a well as the back pain and heaviness. Best of luck to you.
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Hello I am new to this site and am looking for some advise. I have recently had a partial hysterectomy on 9/28/11 and am still having pain. I recently expericened a slight period flow this past Thursday thru Saturday with slight spotting. Upon my doctor's visit today I was told it is okay to experience this and due to my severe lower abdominal pain I received no more meds...OTC does not work. My pain is more to one side than the other and I still feel some of the numbness from the surgery on one side more than the other. Can anyone please help me out, I cannot endure this pain or discomfort any longer it is unbearable.

Missy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register