Yes there is SEX after!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yes there is SEX after!!! Yes there is SEX after!!!

Unread 12-18-2001, 03:10 PM
Yes there is SEX after!!!

I just wanted to post for all you ladies in waiting. I know before surgery it was one of my biggest questions. I went to drs today (my dear boyfriend went with me) and got all clear to start resuming, shall we say normal activities. Of course he told me to resume activities gradually etc., etc., but I wonder if he meant. . . When we got home, well lets just say we have already RESUMED NORMAL ACTIVIES TWICE SO FAR TODAY and I hope to again later I would normally not discuss this topic, but I know how much I wanted to read something positive about the subject and I thought you ladies would appreciate it as well. It was WAY BETTER in my opinion, because I had so much pain before surgery. Yes I still had an orgasm and it was just the same.

I hope this helps some of you. You have to remember that most posts are from ladies who are having problems or questions. Unfortunately, not many posts are well everything is going great. Also, so far I have not had any problems with my HRT as well. I have been very lucky so far and felt the need to share.

I do have some minor aches, swelly belly issues, etc. but nothing too bad. I hope this helps someone. Best wishes to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 04:31 PM

How sweet of you to post the good news for the worried LIWs! And I about died laughing when you said you've "resumed normal activities twice so far today".
Unread 12-18-2001, 05:51 PM

You are right, we really hear much more about the ladies who have problems with sex than those that have everything go fine.

I too am one of the lucky ones - sex is much better for me now than before surgery - too much bleeding, pain, headaches, and hormone fluctuations - my HRT has worked fine for me also.

Glad things are going well in your recovery. Sounds like you are trying to make up for lost time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 07:06 PM

DJ, that is such great news and very encouraging news for me. Glad to hear your recovery is coming along so well.

all the best for a wonderful holiday season,
Carole
Unread 12-19-2001, 02:52 PM

Ditto the above message. Sex was good before, but its GREAT now!
Unread 12-19-2001, 06:38 PM

s DJ!

So, happy that things are moving along for you, and thank you so much for sharing!

Still waiting ever so impatiently here *tap,tap, tap*. Nice to know life will eventually get back to 'normal'

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register