pre op appointment questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre op appointment questions pre op appointment questions

Unread 10-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Re: pre op appointment questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLila View Post
I noticed that, too. I'll be thinking of you.

me too....take care in the mean time and thanks again for all of your wonderful advise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2011, 06:23 AM

Daisy, just remember, no questions are silly questions. I have been writing mine down as I go along, and have a list a mile long for the Dr, the PreOP and the Anaestheologist. AND I want them ALL answered in lay terms that I can understand. I am not above saying 'I don't get it, explain it to me again'. When you are in PREOP, make sure they know and write down all your information properly. I went for surgery once and had told PREOP I was allergic to Codeine and Penicillin. NOT written down on my chart, and first drug they gave me was Codeine. What should have been a 2 day hospital stay turned into 10 days! SO, this time, I am actually taking a RED MAGIC MARKER with me, and handing it to the PREOP folks and telling them, 'INDICATE IN RED MY ALLERGIES.' and will double check the records myself. GOOD luck with your preop. Your surgery is one day before mine and McLila's . IF you want a friend to chat with, I am here for you. BIG HUGZ
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM

annie...thank you so much...your almost my date twin too!

that is a scary thing....i've had to yell at nurses for my mother-in-law because they have screwed up her allergy list!

any chance you have that list typed up? would you be willing to share it? i could send you a message with my e-mail...if not, or if you aren't comfortable with that, i understand!

thanks again....such good suggestions!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Don't stress on questions too much. I read and read and came up with a million and one questions...so many of which did not even pertain to me. lol I had my last pre-op today and I go to the castle in the morning. Alot of questions just caused anxiety. I have learned that you can get more answers from this website as the docs aren't going to go over every single possibility. Just read thru some forums and posts from other ladies and the questions will come to you from other experiences posted. I did call my doc a few times with questions, and he was awesome, but also reassured me that I shouldn't stress on them and that he is always there with answers so I shouldn't worry about missing or forgetting questions. If and when they develop I can ask. Good luck to you and try not to worry about too much. Surprisingly, as tomorrow grows closer, my worries are disappearing. Think most of my anxiety was just the wait.
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:15 PM

ALLERGIES!

I've found that even when they are written down they can be ignored. After some big problems with my hysterectomey (which was outpaitient at a surgery center) I ended up in emergency. Until then I had no idea I had reactions to codeine.

For the D&C I stressed codeine intolerance and they still tried to hand me a vicodine before pushing me out the door - even with the instructions on my admitting bracelet! Now that I think of it, that surgery center is no longer in operation -- Hmmm. (pun intended)

The red marker might be a good idea but have someone write it on your forehead! With luck they won't miss it there. ;-)
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Uhm -

that was supposed to say "After some big problems with my hysteroscopy ..."
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:20 PM

If you keep your ovaries you will have less chance of getting heart disease. I am three weeks post. HRT and taking ovaries out will and can increase risk of heart disease.
Every womans sex life is different. I have seen some on here who love there sex life now and have better orgams. Some who dont and some who totaly lost there sex life. I also believe if you have a good sex life now, and emotional bond I personally think you have no reason to worry. I am only 29 and had my hyster for pain and endo and mostly pain. I hurt evey day of my life.
I had endo so i asked if she was gonna burn off any endo she saw while she was in there.
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM

If ovaries - uterus etc are dead, past menopause, keep yourself in good form, eat healthy foods - low in fat - your chances in not having complications increase.

That's my understanding. Hope I'm not wrong!

Keep your BMI in range and to the lowest number in the range to help yourself before and after surgery!

It's part of my "realities this year" and it is why I chose my user name Reality2011. A real eye opener!

Reality2011
Unread 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM

Hi Daisy! I noticed you and I have the same surgery date! I too am headed for my pre op this week. I have a list started based on posts from hystersister site, and every time I think of anything else, no matter how small its seems, I am writing it down on my list!! Lets stay in touch! Good Luck and Love, Azealanne
Unread 11-06-2011, 05:14 PM

we are twin dates Im getting nervous! How about you?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register