dVH/RALH Recovery Time After DaVinci Surgery? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Time After DaVinci Surgery? Recovery Time After DaVinci Surgery?

Unread 01-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Re: Recovery Time After DaVinci Surgery?

Had Davinci the 29th of November, am going back to work full time today 5 weeks out..
I have to say I think I have done pretty good, a few bumps in the road,driving to florida 2 1/2 weeks out , wasnt such a good idea , ended up taking pain meds 2nd day down, and got a UTI while down there, so in 80 degree weather and a 87 degree pool, I could not sit in the sun or go in the pool for a week.i did get in one day, but didnt get the sun I wanted oh well, at least the UTI cleared up.. I have been really blessed to be able to heal the way I have..went to see the Dr at 2 weeks, and he gave me a salute and said see you in a year,just said no sex until at least 8 weeks,and I said fine with me, we will celebrate Valentines day then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM

I had davinci on Dec 16th, took both ovaries, tubes, uterus, and cervix. Dr. has said we will see about work at my next appt on Jan 27th-so most likey going to be off 6-8 weeks. I feel pressured to do stuff when hubby is home, but I totally rest when he is not as I know that is what I need-I originally thought I'd be back at work 2 weeks post op-I laugh at myself for thinking that, but there is so much talk about this being such an "easy!" proceedure-HAH! I have had a c-section, so it is much easier in getting up and moving and pain wise, but we still had the same stuff done otherwise.
Re; the sex: I am in NO HURRY and would never give in to my hubby early!
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Even if your Dr. is moving offices you should be able to call someone for verification of his instructions, at least I would think you could. Waiting 12 weeks in lieu of doing things earlier is a good thing. Remember slow and easy the first few times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2012, 10:41 AM

My husband and kids have been great. My husband is calling hourly to remind me not to walk too much, don't bend or stretch . He's looking for a grabber for me today. I keep dropping the cord to plug in iPad and phone... Have a great day ladies.
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm 49, fit and had a DaVinci total hysterectomy (including ovaries) on Dec. 12, 2011. During my preop appt. my doctor left me with the impression that I would be feeling good; up and about week 1 and 2 and most likely back to work in 3-4 weeks. It's now 6 weeks out and I'm still not fully recovered (not back to work). I was very frustrated by week 3 and especially after I browsed the DaVinci website to see what they recommended as "normal" recovery time. There was a testimonial from one patient, that she was dancing at party week 2! Really??? What was wrong with me??? Thank goodness I found this site and have learned from you wonderful ladies that my recovery is "normal". Normal for me.
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:31 PM

I am with you! My doctor told me I would be great after 2-3 weeks. I am at 6 weeks now and I wouldn't say I was doing great! I am finally able to go to the grocery store and take kids to school, do some laundry but I am still recovering. I still get a heaviness in my legs and abdomen. I am definitley much better but this surgery kicked me in the rear. I am 42 years, excercised everyday, fit, healthy lifestyle and now I feel like I will never be the same. I know it will happen eventually but its soooo frustrating, especially when people say, "Well, it was just laproscopic"... It always makes me feel like a wimp. Cant wait for the day that I can jump in and out of my car with no pain! Is anyone elses abdomen swollen after 6 weeks? I look pregnant or something..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register