Scheduled TVH Getting a little freaked out-SEX | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a little freaked out-SEX Getting a little freaked out-SEX

Unread 10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Getting a little freaked out-SEX

I have found good and bad in almost every fourm here and either way it's been helpful ......until, I checked out the one about sex after hyster. My husband and I had always had a VERY good sex life til all the pain interfered. We had been looking forward to my TVH because we were told after all the pain is gone we would get back to what we once had, maybe even better! But after reading those stories IM FREAKED out! Im 40 and my hubby is 54 and just the thought of having no sex life scares the heck out of me! Anyone already have the surgery and NOT have all those problems? I REALLY need to hear that is not the norm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Re: Getting a little freaked out-SEX

I had sex 6 weeks after my TVH. It felt a little weird the first time, no pain but I think I felt where the incision was. I week later barley noticed it. Everything went back to normal within a few more days, no problems with dryness either. Just try not to be too nervous.
Unread 10-25-2011, 05:58 PM

For me, the sex life is better. I could never have an orgasm through penetration alone (I was always in pain during sex)...now, all I can say is OMG!!! Orgasm can now be achieved through penetration alone and I can't believe it! Sex used to be every now and then (because of pain)...now it's ALL THE TIME (much to my DH's delight..and mine!). I can honestly say this is the best thing that I have ever done!

The reason I had the hysterectomy was due to endo, adeno and severe bleeding (I basically had a constant period). I kept my ovaries (I suffer with migraines and I felt it was "better the devil I know" when it comes to hormones), and removal of cervix.

The first time I had sex after the operation was scary...the second one wasn't as bad...and from the third one on it's been great.

I do have a few problems with dryness every now and then...but that's not a bother for us.

Just bear in mind that some women aren't as lucky as I have been and do have problems...but speaking from my personal experience, it's not all doom and gloom either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2011, 07:01 PM

I waited until 9 weeks after my TVH before having sex. I was scared and expected it to be painful. But it wasn't painful, just a little sore and that soreness it getting less and less. I've had no change in my desire or natural lubrication and DH says it feels just the same to him. It does feel a little different for me, but not much. I think it will be better now the cervix is gone because my cervix was always sore. I do miss the intense orgasms that would make my uterus contract and lasted for a long time. The orgasm is still there and easy to achieve but not as good. Sometimes we have to make a trade off... *sigh*
Unread 10-25-2011, 07:25 PM

We tried at 6 weeks and I was extremely uncomfortable so we waited another 2 weeks and it's been great ever since. We needed lubrication in the beginning but the vaginal dryness has improved and BF doesn't have any complaints, it all feels the same to him. Unlike Sugarandspice my orgasms are by far more intense now. We all experience things differently and you will read many stories both pro and con which makes it hard to keep a positive attitude, so for now skip the con's and read only the positive.
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:57 PM

LOL - My husband freaked out about sex - he thought they took EVERYTHING and thought we would never have sex again.

I reassured him the vagina stays and after 6 weeks or so, we will be better than ever. (We've been scheduling around Aunt Flow for years now and she's a frequent and long term guest) He figured he could wait 6 to 8 weeks.

As an added bonus, I shared with him some of the SEX-ess stories many have shared and he's starting to think this is going to be a really good thing - in addition to my health improvements of course.

Now I'm hoping I didn't set him up for disappointment.
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:40 AM

Try not to worry too much. Yes, there are some horror stories, but there are a LOT of success stories too (or like McLila put it...Sex-ess LOL).

I have to say that I am also one of the lucky ones in that department. I was always in pain during sex and although I would orgasm, it would take quite awhile and it didn't happen every time for me.....but NOW...all I can say is WOW!!!

It has never been better. My libido is through the roof. The orgasms are WAY more intense for me...happen every time....multiple times! I think my body is just making up for all it missed out on for all those years.

Like I said, try not to worry too much. You don't want to be scared of sex that's for sure. You need to be relaxed and think positive and I'm sure everything will be okay.
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Hubby and I started having sex again almost 5 weeks after my surgery...with my doctor's blessing It was amazing and it's still amazing! We had no problems or complications at all!

Good luck!
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM

WOW!! So glad to hear some positive stories!! All i found before this were HORROR stories! About dryness, lack of desire and PAIN! It's good to know thats not the case for everyone! THANK GOODNESS! I thought this would be my husbands fear, but he is looking at the surgery a lot different than I am! he says it has to be better because before with all the pain , he was always affraid of hurting me(not exactly a turn on!, LOL) We know there will pain at first, but after that, hopefully I'll be as lucky as you ladies.
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM

There are many success stories, and more than likely you won't have any problems. But you need to be prepared in case you don't have a good outcome. Ask yourself if this surgery is something you want even if it affects your sex life in a negative way. Once you have this surgery, there's no going back.

I'm hoping all will go well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register