Scheduled TVH Getting a little freaked out-SEX - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a little freaked out-SEX Getting a little freaked out-SEX

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Re: Getting a little freaked out-SEX

I was so freaked out about how the surgery would affect my sex life. And I was very stressed about it for the couple weeks before we were cleared for sex. I think the key is to relax and go with the flow. It may be a little different at first, but as you relax and get back into it I think it levels out for most people. If you run into an issue like dryness, soreness etc. make an appointment and see your doctor, there's usually a way to rectify the situation. We have to expect some differences, as we're having surgery "there" and things are being removed and repaired, etc. But different isn't necessarily a bad thing. I wish you all safe and smooth recoveries :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Thank you. But Im 100% sure about the surgery. NO matter what the outcome might be. Living with this pain , I have no life! But i apperciate your kind words and by reading ALL the stories here, good and bad I think Im getting a balanced perspective of what to expect. Put Im praying for the best!!
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM

I had sex at 6 weeks with my husband and things were great but after it went a little bad it hurts and I'm dry all the time even after foreplay. I don't know if its just my head messing with my body and that affects it but anything can happen. I guess it just depends how your body heals and how prepared you are. You just have to take time and patience. Hope all works out well for you. blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Sex at 6 weeks - nice - was a little nervous and tense so I wasn't fully relaxed.
Sex at 8 weeks - much nicer - wasn't scared it would hurt so I could enjoy the moment
Sex at 10 weeks - blow the top off my head good!

It's all about being comfortable and relaxed. I'm without ovaries so there is a slight lube issue. We are now trying to find the perfect amount. Last time it was a lost cause - we used too much and neither one of us could enjoy it. It was kind of funny really - we both pretended for a few minutes - then we just looked at each other and realized it wasn't doing it and died laughing. Not a good idea when you are so lubed - he popped right out and that made it even worse!
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM

I had an LSH, kept my cervix and ovaries. Like others have said here, sex pre-op was painful and would bring on another wave of bleeding -- not what I'd call enjoyable in the least bit! I was cleared to have sex again at 2 weeks post-op, and having read the stories I was also a little nervous. But it went very, very well!! No pain, I have had a slight decrease in lube but there is still plenty there naturally to make it enjoyable, and no issues at all reaching the big 'o'! To say that I find it much more enjoyable now is the understatement of the century, lol!!

Hope this helps! I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery!
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM

I figure things aren't as good as they should be due to pain and bleeding. I hope I'm as lucky as many of you and it does get better.
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Yes success, but how many of you had your ovalries taken out? That is the question. I'm sure it would be great with them in. but where is the sex drive if they are out? Any support on that? Who of you success stories accomplished that with out? Really wanna know.
Unread 11-01-2011, 08:29 PM

Just had my first time and I was really scared. It was BETTER than before and didn't hurt at all. DH was very gentle and I was so relieved I could still orgasm and it was actually a better orgasm than before.
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid View Post
I had sex 6 weeks after my TVH. It felt a little weird the first time, no pain but I think I felt where the incision was. I week later barley noticed it. Everything went back to normal within a few more days, no problems with dryness either. Just try not to be too nervous.
This is awesome to hear. I'm 35 and right now 8 weeks is looking like forever. I'd hate for it to be the start of horrible. Thanks for the encouragement!
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabread View Post
Yes success, but how many of you had your ovalries taken out? That is the question. I'm sure it would be great with them in. but where is the sex drive if they are out? Any support on that? Who of you success stories accomplished that with out? Really wanna know.
I had my ovaries taken out and my sex life is unbelievable!!! Never been better. I am on HRT, which I am sure makes a difference.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register