Scheduled dVH/RALH Now what??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Now what???

2 days before I go to the castle. I have had a long week so far, both my boys have been sick ( 1 with a cold,1 with the flu), and now I think I caught the baby's cold. Hope I get over this quickly. They won't reschedule me for a little cold, will they??? I am not and can't get rescheduled now. We have already put in for vacation time that we can't change now, arrangements for the kids, etc.... This just figures. I am gonna keep my bugger in bed today and tomorrow (as much as I can) drink lots of fluids, and try to rest. Any other suggestions to help get over this in a hurry would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Re: Now what???

Aww. I'm sorry you have sick kiddos and I know how hard it is to 'try' to avoid getting sick yourself. Remember to wash your hands often, drink plenty of fluids, eat some chicken soup and rest. Don't take any herbal remedies or meds without your doctor's permission this close to surgery. I hope you feel better soon!

Deb
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:33 PM

What crossfire said!

Plus, it might be too late, but disinfect the phone, door handles, light switches, TV buttons, remotes and other surfaces that get a lot of hand contact - especially the computer mouse and keyboard. (Believe it or not, they are filthy!) Turn it all off and wipe down with rubbing alcohol.

STAY WELL and Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2011, 04:23 PM

I called my surgeon and she set me to go get checked at my primary docs. Turns out that allergies have irritated my sinuses and my asthma. She could hear a tiny bit of wheezing in my lungs, just told me to rest and use my inhaler. But I didn't have a fever and my kind were clear of fluid. anesthesiologist will check my lungs again at the hospital and we will go from there. Dont like this. I will get better, I will get better
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM

Trying to will myself into being all better... Lol. : )
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm sorry your dealing with this right now. I had my surgery yesterday and suffer from asthma and allergies. They had me take two puffs off my inhaler just before they took me into the OR. They will probably have you do the same thing. Stay away from all dairy products until after surgery as it will create more phlegm and mucous and you don't want that cause coughing hurts. Make sure someone puts your inhaler where you can easily reach it from your position in bed. I wanted mine last night and couldn't get to it as it was in my bag, it took longer to explain to the nurse where it was then I would care to bother with again.

Good luck and best wishes tomorrow.
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experiences, the more the better. My chest is feeling a little heavy, I am drinking hot water with honey and lemon. Lemons have anti inflamatory properties,.since
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM

Hope you're feeling better, shy. Bingo, hope you are too!
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:23 AM

So, woke up this morning coughing up enough phlegm for 3 people. On a good note my sinuses cleared out a lot and i'm not wheezing anymore. Gonna rest and keep doing the same as yesterday. Gonna cough up all the phlegm I can and hope I can get them all cleared out by 10:30 am tomorrow. Wish me luck. keeping my fingers crossed.
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM

Good luck!! I hope your lungs are clear and happy ASAP!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register