finally able to post under this topic | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally able to post under this topic finally able to post under this topic

Unread 12-18-2001, 06:24 PM
finally able to post under this topic

~phew~
i tried last week to post here, wrote a long blurb, and then cancelled it.
i am scheduled for a TAH sometime in january, date awaiting getting state medi-cal to authorize it.
i had not had a pap smear in 7 years, when i finally did, it came back class 3-4. sooo, had the colposcopy, even worse, said there tumors "floating" along my cervix, and beause i had a cone biopsy 15 years ago, and kids since, i had no choice but to a hysterectomy.
for medi-cal purposes (as if the pap class wasnt enough to authorize treatment) i had to have a sonogram, she said my uterus was "dark" wouldnt say more excpet the lining could be thick.
i am just lost, i am being treated thru a clinic as i have no insurance, but the surgeon is great. i just am not getting many answers or anything, cept the surgeon will check out other organs while hes in there taking everything out. hopefully, i should have an answer to the surgery authorization by new years, so we can schedule surgery, as the longer i wait, the more anxious i become.
well, im not gonna chicken out, im posting this one, and thank you all, i feel a bit better by posting this too.
still scared as anything, but this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 06:57 PM

Hi Fluff!!
I am so glad you decided to post. Its very scary posting here for the first time, I think we would all agree on that, but, there have been lots of ladies post here before surgery, and then have the surgery, come back and give us the great news that all is ok, and then move on to the post op forum, which is really great.
But...we are here and no matter what, we will be here to support you!!

Is your surgeron a gyn oncologist do you know fluff?
Also..they may not have a lot of info for you right now, as it could be they won't know too much more until they do the surgery. Its good that they will check everything out during surgery though.

It is very hard on the nerves waiting, and its really hard to focus on anything else, but you are stronger than you know, and you will get through this Fluff!!

Hang in there, and please be sure to post any time, and keep us posted when you get the date!!
Holiday Hugs!!
Maria
Unread 12-19-2001, 04:49 AM

It's amazing how much better we feel just putting our words down in type! Keep posting and we will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can! This is such a scarey time for you and we all understand that. Just remember that you are not alone and we will be here to give you support and help you to deal with what lies ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 10:29 AM

Welcome Fluff!!! I understand your fright. It also took me awhile to do
that first post. To actually see your little story under Cancer Concerns
makes it sooo real. But you have now entered the Kingdom of one great
group of women. And they will always be here for you to encourage
you along. As only people who have been there done that can.
Thoughts and prayers are heading your way.
oxoxokarenann ovcaIII
Unread 12-19-2001, 11:23 PM
Hi Fluff

Hi Fluff

I am glad that you found the courage to post. You will find help on this site. It is good to hear that others have had your fears, and they are still here to help you.

When I went in for my annual they found masses. I know the waiting and wondering is so tormentive. You can get through this time in your life. Please believe that.

I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer. Please post again. It is good to talk things through.

Take Care - RobinS
Unread 12-20-2001, 07:38 AM
thank you

it is so great to have women who understand what I'm going thru! thank you all!
well, we almost have a surgery date, will be the 16th or 17th of january, have to make sure the asst is avail.
it is sad, my mother just cries and cries. here, i feel pretty confident about recivering from this, and the woman who should be my strength is my weakness. but my kids are great! i have a 19 and 6 yr old daughters, they both are loving and reassuring.
after i get thru this, im going to help at the clinic to get more pap smear awareness in our community.
again, thank you all soo much!!!!!
ps. now if someone could make it stop snowing so much here!
Unread 12-20-2001, 09:51 AM

Your mom may be upset because she is not as informed. Maybe if you explain things to her it will ease her mind. That's great that you have two kids who are so supportive! Tell them that you will be needing their help around the house and a shoulder to cry on...our hormones get a bit wacky! Now, as for that snow.....you just feel free to send it right on over to me on the Eastern Shore of Maryland!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-20-2001, 10:40 AM

Oh Fluff!

I'm having my TAH/BSO in Jan too (1/25) for possible ovarian cancer (rising CA125) and I'm so sorry your Mom is upset and can't support you.

My Mom is having her own cancer battles and I've decided not to tell her about mine until just before surgery since I know my Mom would cry and get upset and that would make me more upset. Sometimes it makes me feel like an orphan that Mom can't pull herself together for me, but to be honest, she's just never been a real positive, upbeat person, and expecting her to be something she's not doesn't help. That's why gal friends are so important, here and in the flesh.

I big holiday hug to you!

Dorrie
Unread 12-20-2001, 05:22 PM

Hi fluff, so glad that you did post , We all know how you are feeling, it is indeed scary. You arent alone though, we are all here for you. Whenever you need us .

Your mum is scared also , to see her child go through this. Mine was exactly the same. Give her a hug, it may help her. But it is normal for her to react this way.

I hope all goes well for you in the next month and please dont forger we are here always

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register