Pre-op tomorrow, TAH on Thursday....am I nuts??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op tomorrow, TAH on Thursday....am I nuts??? Pre-op tomorrow, TAH on Thursday....am I nuts???

Unread 12-18-2001, 08:46 PM
Pre-op tomorrow, TAH on Thursday....am I nuts???

Hi, I am scheduled for my TAH Thursday, Dec 20 at 7:30. I am going crazy trying to make sure that all my Christmas gifts are bought. My house is a wreck, my tree is still undecorated and I have to work tomorrow. I know none of these things really matter, but Christmas will be the day or so after I go home and I don't want to wreck for my family. I have two children, 25 and married (Christmas is at her house), and a college senior home for the holidays who is 22. My husband is very supportive emotionally but not much help around the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 09:00 PM

Hi,

Dont worry it will all work out. Just take a deep breath and try to relax. I was going crazy the day before my surgery also and kept on seeing things that I needed to do. Your family will understand. Pretty soon you will have all this behind you, and you will be feeling wonderful again.

Kelly
Unread 12-18-2001, 09:06 PM
I've given up!!!!!!!!!

My advice, Don't fight it just give up!!! Wow once you realize it may not happen how you planned it and stop trying what a load off your chest. I know my surgery is tommorrow, Boy did I have plans. I was going to be so organized, freeze meals for a month, gifts wrapped, house immaculate, I must have been having a Martha Stewart fantasy. I caused my self so much stress and never did get it done. If you had read my post from yesterday, in my persuit to get organized I accidently threw out my winter clothes boxes.(forever gone with Mr. Trashman. My sweet wonderful kids (5 of them 16 down to 3) have been trying but it is a never ending saga. Anyways, know that your husband, family, and friends love you and we have the rest of our lives to conquer the rest. sending a big and lots of love Jacqui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2001, 09:28 PM

Diane, I certainly understand being stressed about this. I would feel the same way. But, if you stop and think about it, you are so right, in the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter. I'm sure you have made Christmases wonderful for your kids many times before and will be able to many times after this. Let your daughter bless you this Christmas...I'm sure she will enjoy it and you take this one year off for YOU. Try not to worry about it too much...take a deep breath... and, don't sweat the small stuff. Your Christmas will be a little different this year and that's o.k.

Now, get ready to be pampered because you will soon be a punctured Princess.

and s

Sherry
Unread 12-18-2001, 09:48 PM
relax

hello my surgery is same date. try and relax about things u don't get done. Maybe your family will help as a welcome home surprise If not everything will wait. I have left many things not done to try and keep busy tomorrow but think i left to much, so are not alone!! My family 2 dd and dh are not very helpful usually but there is always hope. It will be fine, and soon it will be behind us.
Unread 12-18-2001, 10:13 PM

I was just like Jacqui. Finally I realized it wasn't gonna happen--and you know what? The world kept on spinning even WITHOUT me doing it all!

Relax and enjoy your brief rest!!
Unread 12-19-2001, 06:29 AM
I'm 12-20 at 8:00 am

Diane,
I'll be following you by 30 minutes,I'm up in Georgia. It will all be O.K. They may not do things as well as you but I'm sure they will try. Hubby and I wrapped our gifts and then set them on different side. The pile of gifts he bought me his huge to what I bought him. I asked why he bought so much and he told me he is going to make this my best Christmas ever. When they see you just laying back and not running around doing it all I'm sure the'll jump in. Right now they still see you running around and working up to the last minute. Give them a chance you will probably be surprised at just how much they can do when they have to. Well lots of luck I'll be thinking of you tommorow.
to a speedy recovery
God Bless
Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register