Scheduled TAH Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting frustrated with myself!!  Just not getting anything done Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Unread 10-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Found out this past Wednesday that my surgery is going to be next Tuesday. I'm happy with that because I'm not having a very long wait to endure.

But, my problem is I'm at a standstill! I can't do anything or get anything done. My train of thought is out the window and doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon.

Any of you feeling out of it or incredibly unmotivated just before your surgery. I have managed to get my binder ordered, but you would have thought that was a life or death decision! I'm just feeling very lazy and don't want to do anything. I have 4 kids and I just seem to be letting the days start and end with a lot of fuzz in the middle.

Wondering if this is just stress or maybe my last period just wiped me out (I'm anemic) or something. I just need to get moving and I really don't want to. Need to get out of this funk!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Re: Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Finally someone is feeling like me. Be thankful your operation is so soon. I was scheduled on the 14th for surgery on Nov. 28th. Lets just say I have absoultly NO focus what so ever. Ugh! I.m 100% fine with having it done but no matter how hard I try it is the only thing I can think about. This really stinks I have sooooo many other things I need to concentrate on and get done. Best of luck to you!
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Total airhead here and I am 1 week away. Been like this for the last 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Just think, you can make them do all the housework and stuff. Just make sure your recovery bed is ready.
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:34 PM

I am the same this week found out the 24th that my surgery could be 11/23 or 12/16. Neither date is good, not with the holidays. I made the decision on the 25th to have it 11/23 (just get it over with). It is a huge thing to think about and it is understandable that it is on the top of our minds. I found out making lists is a very good way to get things done. My kids are grown, yet they are upset that Thanksgiving dinner won't be happening at my house this year. I was thinking of having Thanksgiving the weekend before, but with everything else I have to do, I keep pushing that idea away, it is just to overwhelming. Make lists, make yourself check off one or two items on that list every day, challenge yourself, treat yourself, delegate, whatever it takes. You will feel so much better if you come home from the hospital knowing everything is taken care of. Now, if I can only listen to my own advise....
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Flibbertigibbet here.

I'm all over the place. Can't concentrate and can't seem to finish one thing before I start another. It's awful. Being addicted to this site and feeling like I need to check it every 20 minutes doesn't help ;-)

Hang in there, it will be over sooner than you think (at least that's what I keep telling myself).
Unread 10-28-2011, 02:29 PM

I'm addicted to this site too!! I feel like the more outcomes that I know are possible,i will be less likely to be thrown into a tizzy if one of them happens to me. Dont know if that makes sense oh well
Unread 10-28-2011, 03:25 PM

I found that making a list of things that needed done really helped. I cooked things and froze them so all the family would have to do was microwave them while I was gone. I spent a lot of time reading up on what was going to happen which tended to scare me more than help me but I wanted to be informed.

For those coming up on their surgeries best advice I can give is to not schedule ANYTHING for the next couple of weeks after your surgery. Make your nest which for me meant the couch for at night and the recliner for during the day. I set out extra tray tables for books, drinks, pill bottles, laptop, etc. That way I didn't have to get up to go get anything.
Make a clear path to the bathroom. Those bm and gas pains come on suddenly and a mad dash isn't a far out concept. Also the super peeing from all the fluids your drinking is going to keep you walking to and from.
Clean your house before you go for surgery especially since that night before is always sleepless anyway. Then ignore the mess when you get home. You can't clean it so light some candles and turn of the lights and just ignore it. If anyone that comes over to help criticizes your housekeeping skills they are ignorant.
I've found a heating pad for my back really helps with being stuck in a chair or reclined position for so long.

Good luck to you all and just take it one day at a time.
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:15 PM

I've been the same way too - I have things I should be working on, but have been putting them off and crocheting instead. Especially since I had gotten my surgery date of Nov. 15. I know its nerves with me, and the crochet relaxes. The other stuff can wait until after my surgery and hubby takes on the housework anyway as he's retired.
Unread 10-28-2011, 05:28 PM

I'm right there with ya...between the pain, the side effects of the Lupron, and the constant worry; I am managing to get nothing done! Ugh, sooo frustrating! I have lists and plans, but can't seem to fund the energy to get them done :frustrated: surgery in t minus two and half weeks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register