Scheduled TAH Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting frustrated with myself!!  Just not getting anything done Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Unread 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Re: Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

So loupron is really that bad???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 09:36 PM

The first shot wasn't horrible but I just got the second one and I have horrible joint pain, exhaustion, and diarrhea. I almost would have rather dealt with the pain for another month
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullof??? View Post
I'm addicted to this site too!! I feel like the more outcomes that I know are possible,i will be less likely to be thrown into a tizzy if one of them happens to me. Dont know if that makes sense oh well
Welcome to the "addicted to Hyster Sisters" club!

I swear that in the weeks before my surgery I was on here almost every waking moment. (I even snuck on when I was at work. Good thing I was the boss, eh? ) I would go the the stories section and actually be annoyed if there wasn't a new story for me to read! (By the way, the Tell Your Hyst-Story subforum is a fantastic place! You'll read story after story of how the surgery actually went and what the hospital stay was like for your sisters. My story is in there, too!)

I had a terrible time concentrating the week before surgery. I busied myself with the final preparations -- shopping for food, favorite drinks, etc. Then, of course, my taste buds were altered by the anesthesia, so my beloved grapefruit sections and yogurt tasted horrible to me. All I wanted was peanut butter toast and tea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd2491 View Post
Welcome to the "addicted to Hyster Sisters" club!

I swear that in the weeks before my surgery I was on here almost every waking moment. (I even snuck on when I was at work. Good thing I was the boss, eh? ) I would go the the stories section and actually be annoyed if there wasn't a new story for me to read! (By the way, the Tell Your Hyst-Story subforum is a fantastic place! You'll read story after story of how the surgery actually went and what the hospital stay was like for your sisters. My story is in there, too!)

I had a terrible time concentrating the week before surgery. I busied myself with the final preparations -- shopping for food, favorite drinks, etc. Then, of course, my taste buds were altered by the anesthesia, so my beloved grapefruit sections and yogurt tasted horrible to me. All I wanted was peanut butter toast and tea!
Holy Smokes you soooo hit the nail on the head. You would think with so many sisters there should be a new story EVERY time I log on (which seems to be every ummmm 5-10 minutes)LOL
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:49 AM

It's so helpful reading others are stuck on getting things done ... a week out, and so many things I should do, and nothing getting done!
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:15 AM

I am so relieved to see so many others feeling like I do! I've only had a week to prepare for my surgery and I can't seem to focus on anything else! I keep checking this site and reading everything I can - nothing is getting finished and I'm frustrated with myself but everything else just seems way too overwhelming!! I just want Tuesday to come and have the whole thing over with - at least then I will know what I'm dealing with and can move on! Thank you so much for this site and knowing I'm not alone!!!
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Please ... I don't even have a surgery date and all I do is eat, sleep and breathe hysterectomy. He should have never used the word "hysterectomy". Study, work (called in sick 3 times this month), friends, relaionship, gym, jogging - out the window. I made myself nuts! Today I am going to go food shopping, make a nice eggplant parm, and get some studying done (crucial for my job). Yes, everything stops - the problem is the world kept revolving and now I have to somehow catch up!
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:37 AM

My issue was that I was totally prepared to hear that I needed a D & C and that my concerns would be taken care of....I have only been having some spotting for about 6-8 weeks and one doctor already kind of blew me off and wasn't concerned. When the endometrial biopsy came back and they said I should have the hysterectomy I was totally unprepared - naive I guess but learning fast now. Now I need to get my head in the game and get ready for this week - and that means...get thru my "to-do" list!!!
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:53 AM

I have my too do list done and sitting here.....and that is it..it is sitting here. My brain doesn't want to function either. Seems like I can't think. And I have SO much that I need to get done! We have a lot of pets, I won't say the number *L* but believe me it is a lot and they keep me busy with the house when I am not working. So that presents a whole different problem for me, I want to get the house cleaned, but I can't...not yet, because I want to do a really good cleaning (like a spring cleaning in the fall) before I go in, but in order for it to stay halfway clean I have to wait for that until the end of next week. But I have dr's apts and pre reg at the hospital at the end of the week also. Plus I too want to keep checking in on here. I keep thinking So much to do and not enough time to do it all
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:04 AM

Ahh yes here it is two in the morning and once again I can't sleep. Why can't I.just STOP thinking about this. Its not like I'm scared about the surgery, I just can't stop thinking a bout it. How do you know when you need some kind anexity medicatin?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register