Scheduled TAH Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting frustrated with myself!!  Just not getting anything done Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Unread 10-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Re: Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Hi Gals. I am 10 days post-op.LSH. I have to tell you that this site is your greatest tool right now. Utilize all the pre-op forums here. I felt the same way a few weeks ago. I was told I needed a hysterectomy just three days before my husband had to leave town for 8 weeks. This site was my savior. I found questions to ask my doctor at my pre-op visit that I would have never thought to ask. The sisters on this site gave me tips on how to prepare my recovery room in a way that I could handle being on my own. I spent my two weeks before my procdure rearranging my drawers so I can have my comfy yoga pants and PJs in a drawer that is waist high so I don't have to reach or bend. I did the same thing with my kitchen. I placed three cases of bottled water on my dresser. I put the Keurig coffee machine on my nightstand so I don't have to go down stairs right away in the morning. Don't think of of this site as being "addictive " or wasting time. These are real women who are all going though or went through everything you are thinking and feeling. Don't just read the horror stories so you can be prepared for the worst. Like I said, i am 10 days post-op and I have felt great for the last week. Everything they say about the gas-x is true, true, true. bring it with you to the hospital. I used the chewables in the hospital and I take the gel caps at home. Use this site to make your shopping list. Gas-X, Stool softeners, face wash, etc. Oh and no lie......the cool pack binder is my new BFF.

I KNOW it's hard to focus. I KNOW how easy it is to get in a funk. Use this site. Make your lists.
Decide NOW how you would like your recovery to be. Make a decision NOW how you will want things in the days following your procedure.

I think you need a goal so you can focus on your game plan. What is your goal for your recovery?

Best Wishes & Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Re: Getting frustrated with myself!! Just not getting anything done

Thank you McBean!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register