Scheduled dVH/RALH Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Unread 10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Hi ladies, Looks like Aunt Flo lol will be arriving right before my surgery. Just my luck . Is there anyone experiencing the same issue or any concerns? I did call my dr & surgery is still on schedule. I wonder is this interferes with the procedure at all. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Re: Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

I didn't have this issue but a lot of other ladies have and everything went ahead as planned with no problems.

Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:45 PM

My schedule was never predictable, and toward the end, I was having 2-3 periods/month, so I just went with the first surgery date available, and sure enough, started the day before surgery. It is not an issue. When you are told to change into the gown, tell them you are on your cycle and they will give you the "hospital underwear" to wear into surgery. I brought my own pads, and used a fresh one just before they took me in. When I came out of surgery, I had a hospital pad in the same undies.

I was just glad it would be my last one EVER!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 01:56 AM

I just had mine done this past Tuesday and had been on a heavy flow since my son was born 4 months previous. The dr wasn't concerned, and I just let the nurses know and they were totally ok and prepared for it. It was amazing to go from gushing blood to a few drops here and there in a matter of hours. Good luck!
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:49 AM

Thank you ladies! I was hoping to go in the hospital minus the bleeding because my first few days are very painful ..., but on a positive note that will be the last one I see YAY!!!
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:08 AM

It wasn't a problem for me. I kid you not, I started my period right before I they wheeled me into for surgery. One last hurrah, I suppose. It didn't make a difference at all for my outcome.
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightRose View Post
It wasn't a problem for me. I kid you not, I started my period right before I they wheeled me into for surgery. One last hurrah, I suppose. It didn't make a difference at all for my outcome.
Thanks @ twilight.
Unread 10-29-2011, 04:19 PM

The title of your thread caught my eye, and I want to thank everyone for responding. I have a little over a week until my hysterectomy and it just figures...Aunt Flo has decided to visit me as well. She had to get that one last hoorah in there I guess. I was a couple weeks late for a change and now she has hit with a vengence. Will be glad that this will be her last!!! I hope she doesn't stick arond until the 7th for my surgery.
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:23 PM

Hey bedofroses, my surgery is for the same day as yours and aunt flo is coming with me too. How lovely of her to join me. I'm also in Florida like you. I called the doctor's office and asked if this was going to be a problem and the answer was no.
Unread 10-29-2011, 06:26 PM

You poor thing!! Mine came the Saturday before and ended the day before my surgery!! It was the only NICE thing that it ever did for me!!!! Lol.....

Good luck! You'll be just fine!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register