Scheduled dVH/RALH Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Unread 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Re: Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie59 View Post
The title of your thread caught my eye, and I want to thank everyone for responding. I have a little over a week until my hysterectomy and it just figures...Aunt Flo has decided to visit me as well. She had to get that one last hoorah in there I guess. I was a couple weeks late for a change and now she has hit with a vengence. Will be glad that this will be her last!!! I hope she doesn't stick arond until the 7th for my surgery.
hopefully u will be finished before surgery, but unfortunately for me I will be starting anytime now with my surgery on Wednesday. Best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liloo View Post
You poor thing!! Mine came the Saturday before and ended the day before my surgery!! It was the only NICE thing that it ever did for me!!!! Lol.....

Good luck! You'll be just fine!!!!
Hi Liloo.... It seems like I always have something to deal with lol....But as I said b4 , this will be the last one I have .

I am having the davinci like u. How are you doing? How is your recovery process?
Unread 10-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedofroses View Post
Hi Liloo.... It seems like I always have something to deal with lol....But as I said b4 , this will be the last one I have .

I am having the davinci like u. How are you doing? How is your recovery process?
Hi!! Oh my, it is sooooooooo easy and painless! I read some of these posts and I can't believe the pain that is being described! Not for us with this method! My surgery was under 2 hours. I slept most of the day .....no pain. The worst is the gas pains that you'll get. It may even go up into your shoulder! Just move it around and rub it out.... It lasted less than a day. I haven't had any blood/spotting.....nothing. I feel great, physically. Just emotional at times, I think because I can't do much and I'm a worker bee!!! Lol..... Just rest and I'm sure you'll have an awesome experience like me!! Keep me informed!!! Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2011, 09:22 PM

On a side note, I wanted to mention not to take anything for period cramps that has what are considered meds that could make you bleed worse during surgery. The same thing happened to me (i'm 11 days post op tvh) but I lucked out and the painful part of my period happened when I was still allowed to take my 600 mg.s of motrin. My doctor said nothing four days before surgery, but check with yours because he may certainly have a differing opinion.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Well bedofroses, you did it again. I was wondering the same thing and was gonna call the dr tomorrow and ask if it was going to be an issue. But since I read this I will not have to.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:56 PM

My surgery is this Thursday and that pesky Aunt Flo visited me on October 13 and is STILL here! She came with a firey attitude and really socked it to me harder than ever but I dont care because I told her she will be leaving and NEVER returing so bring that fire because on Thursday November 3 you will be leaving my house forever and taking allll your luggage with you. LOL
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Hi Ladies-

@ Liloo- I hope I am as lucky as you!!! That's wonderful, take care !! Thank you for the well wishes!

@ snuggle bunny- My mind is in over drive I guess!! lol Keep me posted ok. tomorrow is my pre op at the hospital for blood work & EKG.

@quadma- Just think Its only days away & she will be checked out for good!!!

@ekogurl- thanks for the info
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:15 PM

@Quadma....that made me laugh! Pack your bags Aunt Flo...you've been kicked out for good!!!!
Unread 10-30-2011, 07:30 PM

I am in the same boat. My problem is once my period starts it just doesnt go away after a normal timeframe. I called the dr and same as everyone else they sad it would be no problem. This last one is going out with a vengence, (heavy flow/unpredictable hemmoraging and alot of cramping) I am just glad that since the heavy bleeding was part of the issues that got us to the surgery stage, that doctors can still proceed with the surgery. I am holding strong to the hope that once I am on the other side of surgery that the worst is behind me and there are better days to come. :-) I wish you the best until your surgery!
Just know that you're not the only one going in with Aunt flo along for the adventure.
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilfawn View Post
I am in the same boat. My problem is once my period starts it just doesnt go away after a normal timeframe. I called the dr and same as everyone else they sad it would be no problem. This last one is going out with a vengence, (heavy flow/unpredictable hemmoraging and alot of cramping) I am just glad that since the heavy bleeding was part of the issues that got us to the surgery stage, that doctors can still proceed with the surgery. I am holding strong to the hope that once I am on the other side of surgery that the worst is behind me and there are better days to come. :-) I wish you the best until your surgery!
Just know that you're not the only one going in with Aunt flo along for the adventure.
@ aprilfawn- Thank you so much and I wish you well also and I hope we have a speedy recovery too. I ve been very crampy today so aunt flo will be making her presence very soon. UGH!!! I see ur from PA, I am originally from De. Kinda cold up there huh? My family is still up there. Today was in the 70's here in Fl.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register