Scheduled dVH/RALH Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Unread 10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Re: Aunt flo scheduled to arrive b4 surgery

Well here it is Halloween and I got my visit from Aunt Flo, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I will be having surgery Friday morning and she will be gone! Thanks for letting me vent. Happy Halloween everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 01:50 PM

anytime now for me. UGH!!! Surgery is wednesday. Good luck on friday!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM

Hey Bedofroses, my surgery was on 8/29 and I went in with a heavy flow that started three weeks prior to surgery and just wouldn't stop. I was very anxious about this and did not know what to do. The nurses were very supportive and they gave me these great disposable panties to wear before surgery. At some point they took them off and I never saw them again. I am happy to report that was the last I've seen of Aunt Flo and I couldn't be happier. I am 9 weeks out today and feel great! Don't worry, try and relax and everything will be great. HUGS!

Peace & Prayers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by run4love View Post
Hey Bedofroses, my surgery was on 8/29 and I went in with a heavy flow that started three weeks prior to surgery and just wouldn't stop. I was very anxious about this and did not know what to do. The nurses were very supportive and they gave me these great disposable panties to wear before surgery. At some point they took them off and I never saw them again. I am happy to report that was the last I've seen of Aunt Flo and I couldn't be happier. I am 9 weeks out today and feel great! Don't worry, try and relax and everything will be great. HUGS!

Peace & Prayers
Thank you run4love....I am glad your recovering well and that aunt flo is gone for good. thanks for the well wishes & information
Unread 10-31-2011, 05:29 PM

I was bleeding for surgery too and it was no problem. Just tell the nursing staff and they'll get you the mesh undies and a pad (or more if you wait longer like I did). My doc had me take progesterone to try to clear out my uterus before surgery. It didn't exactly work. I sort of had a "backward" period where it started light then got heavier until the day of surgery when it magically stopped.

Don't worry about it affecting surgery. I'm sure it happens more often than not.

(BTW, the waiting longer part was because my OR was being used, so I didn't get started until 4, scheduled for 1).
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Good luck today, Bed of roses!!!!!! Thinking of you!!!! Let us know how you are when you feel up to it!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register