Any jan 7th sisters out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any jan 7th sisters out there? Any jan 7th sisters out there?

Unread 12-19-2001, 09:17 AM
Any jan 7th sisters out there?

I'm having a TAH on Jan 7, 2002 and would love to hook up with some of my sisters who are scheduled for the same date...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2001, 11:24 AM

that would be me!!
Unread 12-19-2001, 06:43 PM

Mollie...here's a link to our January 2002 calendar...it lists birthdays AND surgery dates.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/calendar.php

mj64 - what a cute post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2001, 01:09 AM

Molly, I'm not on the 7th, but am scheduled for the 8th, a day later. So we are neck and neck to go to the castle.
Unread 12-20-2001, 07:40 AM

Hi Noni & MJ,

I wasn't really nervous until I looked at a calendar the other day and realize that our day is only 2 1/2 weeks away (kind of wish it were tomorrow... boy am I ready!!). How are you gals feeling?

Unread 12-20-2001, 07:59 AM

Christmas is keeping me distracted, I too didnt realize how quickly it is coming up!(surgery) Imagine the December sisters and all the last minute rushing that had to be done for Christmas in order to be able to be pampered and recuperate!
Jan 7 is a good day around here, 1st day back to school for the kids after Christmas break. My surgery was scheduled for 4pm but is now switched to 1pm, thank God, then I dont have to wait ALL day and worry. I asked my surgeon if I could go home the same night but he said no, but maybe the next day depending how I am.
I was hoping for a June date in order to be off in the summer however, not getting out to scrape my car at 6am every morning for 6 weeks sounds wonderful.
Unread 12-20-2001, 05:22 PM
Jan 7th sisters!

Hi that would be me too! This is my first time posting to the board. I found this site while searching for info on VH. I have am 36 years old and have a prolapsed uterus and an elongated cervix. I am very nervous about the surgery and have been putting it off for a while but DH says its time. I workout 4 days a week and as stupid as it sounds my biggest fear and concern is not being able to work out! I cannot stand to sit still. I have 3 children and was active 2 days after each one. 4 days after delivering my last one 6 weeks premature I was on a field trip with my middle one to the local aquarium (my constant activity and hard head is probably why I am in the situation I am in now!) Anyway I just want to say this is a great board and I am so glad I found you guys! So now my countdown begins to Jan. 7th for my SVH!
Unread 12-20-2001, 10:38 PM
Jan 8th here

Hey y'all, I'm Charity. So happy to meet all my sisters goin to the castle within days of me. Very comforting to share this with as well as those who give me thier experience, strength and hope who have already been through it.

I guess I am not feeling nervous, so much as I feel doubtful again. The take the ovaries issue is haunting me again. I have just came off another record 15 day period that was heck. So I do not question the TAH, just once again, the ovary thang. I will be ovulating soon, so I imagine with the pain I get from that alone, will help me remember why the Dr strongely advises taking them.
I remind myself its all normal. Anything elective would give opening to doubt. I have crazy thoughts of, will I go into some deep hormonal depression afterward? Will I ever laugh again the same? How much of "ME" resides in my female organs? What if I don't feel fenimine afterward. I could go on and on.
I just keep on reminding myself that I am going to be ok and check in here daily and read.
Unread 12-20-2001, 10:52 PM

Hello everyone, I usually come in and read and post very late. My day starts at 5:30 a.m. and I don't settle in for myself till 11 or 11:30 or so. Even though I'm January 8, I still appreciate the threads and the support and the commaraderie. I'm under a lot of stress right now and I'm having a relationship problem with my mom and it hurts very bad. I was going to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks and then head home, but I think its best to just brace the stairs and come home and stay there. I just have to work out some things about getting my daughter back and forth to school. I'm nervous enough and to have this added stress is making me a total wreck. I'm worried that if I'm having these emotional strains now, what will I do after TAH and they take both ovaries. I hope not to be a mass of depressive jumbled nerves, that would be a nightmare! Please pray for me and my daughter and for this situation to work out. I'm asking God's guidance, but am very angry and hurt right now. O.k. so much for my confessional and sobbing. Has anyone else out there gone home alone afterwards and made it o.k. I live on the third floor but everything is one floor once I'm home and I'm only a few steps to the washroom from my bedroom. I think it would be better for me to be in my own place. Any suggestions?
Unread 12-22-2001, 09:44 AM

It's good to hear from my Jan 7/8 sisters!!! Don't you want it to be here already? The waiting is definetly the worst... I think that the waiting time is giving me more time to think and I am starting to feel really overwhelmed about the finality of having my uterus removed and the fact that I'll never have children. After reading some of the posts in the Achy Hearts formum, that I am not alone and that has given me sooo much comfort. I know that I am doing the best thing health-wise by doing this and that helps ease some of the pain, too. I guess the best thing for me now is to keep busy (and that's not hard with all the xmas shopping and visiting to do!).

I bought one of those body pillows off of the internet the other day... and just got it yesterday!! I think that it's really going to help.

I wish all of you a joyous season and look forward to hearing from you before Our Day.

xoxo

:santa:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register