Scared! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Re: Scared!

Laura,

Look at it as the best treat you ever got on Halloween!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 12:40 PM

;o)
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourty&fabulos View Post
Laura, Ok well I will hold your hand if you hold mine. If it's Halloween that has you spooked, don't let it spook you. Dont give your energy to superstition. It's all going to be OK. I love this site, it answers so many questions. If you have specific question, I'll gladly help you find them. I'm sending all my love and positive energy your way! We are obviously in the same boat! Big hug's
sounds like a plan. It has spooked me a bit ill admitt lol. Just gonna munch away till midnight lol, im also a smoker and wandered if ok to smoke on way to hospital to calm me nerves i was told not to give up as will let terrible cough during stay in hospital. I have cut right down now xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2011, 02:17 PM

When you cant guarantee you try...such is life. I dont care if my doctor can leave anything...TAKE IT ALL! My uterus and cervix treat me as if they are not a part of me so its best that we FINALLY part ways. I have had 2 previous surgeries (hernia & tubes tied) and I thnk its just who I am that I wasnt nervouse before either of those surgeries; nor am I for this one either.

I just concentrate on all the good things that will come from this surgery-no more looooong periods- no more severe clotting-no more pains-no more sanitary pads- no more crotching my vagina as I run to the bathroom trying to keep it in to I reach the toilet...SIGH...its going to be great! there is no time to think of the negatives when the positives outweigh the negatives.

Your a trooper and will get through this fine just as you have been doing and we are here for YOU!!
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:23 PM

I'll will tell you from experience with my sister, smoking slows the healing process, puts you at higher risk for infection and actually makes you more likely to be a bleeder, since it thins your blood. She got an infection after surgery and the doctor said it was because she was a smoker. I dont know.......but why take the risk. When I had my abdominalplasty my doc was adamant that I not smoke or drink while recovering, even though I was only a casual smoker. Because I was a casual smoker it was easy for me but I did cheat and drink red wine on occasion after I was off the pain meds. Coming from a family of smokers, I know it's hard to quit under any circumstances but if you can quit, at least until it's all over and your healed........it would behoove you to do so. And if you do that, maybe you will just decide to give it up completely.

Now the munching........that sounds like a plan. Treat yourself to some expensive chocolates or what ever you desire ;o) you deserve it.

My heart and prayers are with you and I'll be hold your hand in spirit. Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM

I, too have unexplained back pain. Can't wait until I recover enough to know how much the hysterectomy helped!

I had spinal fusion (front and back) surgery 3 years ago, to stabilize my spine. About 2 years ago, the nerve pain in my hips/legs got worse. I never thought about it being possible that my uterine problems could be to blame. When I changed doctors last year, I got copies of my chart, including the actual report from my vaginal ultrasound. That's when I first knew that my largest fibroid was OUTSIDE my uterus, at the back of my tipped (to the back) uterus. Lightbulb moment: maybe the fibroid is causing (or making worse) my pain issues?

I am 3 weeks post op and my back still hurts. However, I'm hoping this is just because of all they time in bed and on the couch/recliner. I get my postop report on Tuesday, and am curious what the pathology results are. I suspect adenomyosis plus the fibroids. I won't know how much the hysterectomy relieved the pain until months down the road, as I am a slow healer and have fibromyalgia, too.
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:28 PM

quadma69

You sound like my sweet hubby....dig for the good! Positive energy.......manifest the good. It all going to be OK.

like you I have never been scared but this time I am scared. I dont know why, I dont know what my hang up is, but I have more than a week, maybe I'll have an epiphany, a breakthrough of "it is what it is, and it's all going to be OK"

Feedback from all of you really helps. Thanks you so much my beautiful Hyster Sisters!
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourty&fabulos View Post
I'll will tell you from experience with my sister, smoking slows the healing process, puts you at higher risk for infection and actually makes you more likely to be a bleeder, since it thins your blood. She got an infection after surgery and the doctor said it was because she was a smoker. I dont know.......but why take the risk. When I had my abdominalplasty my doc was adamant that I not smoke or drink while recovering, even though I was only a casual smoker. Because I was a casual smoker it was easy for me but I did cheat and drink red wine on occasion after I was off the pain meds. Coming from a family of smokers, I know it's hard to quit under any circumstances but if you can quit, at least until it's all over and your healed........it would behoove you to do so. And if you do that, maybe you will just decide to give it up completely.

Now the munching........that sounds like a plan. Treat yourself to some expensive chocolates or what ever you desire ;o) you deserve it.

My heart and prayers are with you and I'll be hold your hand in spirit. Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be thinking of you.
will try to stop now then. Yummy chocs lol. Ill will let you know how i get on xx
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:33 AM

Thanks Fourty & Fabolos! Your hubby and I are right on! LOL - If I think about the possible negatives I would really lose it; we all have so much to lose so its SOO much easier to think of allll the wonderful postives this surgery will bring to all our lives AND the lives of our families.
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:44 AM

Agreed.....ANYTHING It's ok to go a lil bananas on the way

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register