Already Panicking!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Already Panicking!! Already Panicking!!

Unread 10-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Already Panicking!!

Hi Everyone, Im new on here and from the UK, I have just sighned the consent forms for a TAH on Friday, I have not got the date for the surgery yet, and Im already panicking and telling myself I don't need to have this op.
I have got one large fibroid 11cm an 9 other smaller ones ranging from one at 6cm and the rest 1 to 2 cm. I do get very heavy bleeding for the first 2 days of my period but Im fairly regular...I also have pain when Im having sex. I have also had lower back and abdominal aching after walking/shopping etc. Im 50 in Dec so wonder if its worth putting it off till I have had the menopause to see if the fibroids shrink..I feel so indecisive at the moment and my partner is loosing patience with me saying its not healthy for me to not to decide one way or the other. I feel like a coward for being scared and my partner is right..it making me feel ill and very tearful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Re: Already Panicking!!

Hi Dee! What town are you from? I am originally from Rawtenstall, Lancashire. We moved to Aust. in '88.
I was wondering what you are panicking about. Is it surgery in general or the actual procedure?
I had a TAH on 6th Oct and am going really well. I didn't have fibroids but had the same symptoms as you. Mine was for big, ugly varicose veins on my vaginal wall. Blood was pooling in my uterus walls and wasn't returning back towards my heart.
Have you ever had a c-sect? The op is very similar. The actual incision was longer though. Considering what is involved, our bodies work miracles in repairing themselves so quickly.
You'll be fine! The discomfort goes away quicker than what you are putting up with now. Wouldn't you like to be enjoying any of your favourite activities without the pain you have today?! :-)
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:49 AM

Yes, after getting my surgery scheduled the weight was lifted from my mind and then I started thinking, "Do I really need it?" Of course, that was one of the five days of the month I wasn't bleeding, lol! It's now so bad that my husband and I can't have intercourse without me bleeding, and that just confirmed I'm making the right decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 07:18 AM

Hi ! ihad the same problem that u do. i was scared and dreading it so bad.took shots tring to reduce the fibriods. and everything . had my surgery oct 14-2011 now in my 3rd week, iwas shcoked when i came outof surgery iwas doing great and the pain levels were not that bad the worst part of it is when u come home and try to things do quick. oh had soem side effects and got on here and it really has helped me out . had a swelly belly and just tired but i found out the more i rest the better i am doing . the best part so far no period. lol . my largest firbriod was the size of a saucer and so glad itis gone. good luck i thik u making the right decesion to have this done .
Unread 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM

Thank you everone..Its so nice to know Im not alone
I guess that everyone has a few doubts, so hearing from you that all is going well makes me feel so much better. I suppose Im more scared of the surgery and having other problems to deal with if things don't go well, I know all surgery has risks, but I have not had any apart from an injury to my hand that had to have stitches and the nerves are trapped in the scar tissue so causes wierd sensation around the scar..this is probrably not helping me as I will have a scar after surgery. I guess Im just being silly.
Sharon...I live in Essex, England, and.. yes...I would love to enjoy my fave things without pain..thank you for your reply and wishing you well, big hugs to you x .
Terrain 73...thank you for your reply..wishing you well for your surgery..Big Hugs to you too x .
Sbbaber..thank you for your reply..glad to hear you are doing well..Big hugs to you.
I hope you all keep in touch and let me know how thing are going for you x
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:14 AM

Hi Dee,

Welcome to HysterSisters! I love this site.

About my upcoming hysterectomy. I bounced back and forth about this for 2 years. The doctor said I could wait for Menopause to see if the fobroids would shrink, but in the end it came down to quality of life and this past summer my life was awful.

Irregular periods, very heavy bleeding, bladder pressure and stress incontinence, not being able to participate in activities because of no toilet facilities - even putting off short shopping trips for fear of leaking, back ache, leg and joint pain, ....

I decided I wasn't interested in waiting for menopause. Life is too short. I would have scheduled surgery sooner, but had made a commitment I couldn't back out of. Only 2 more weeks!!

Keep us updated and best wishes,
Lila
Unread 10-31-2011, 09:35 AM

Thanx Lila..hope all goes well for you.."big Hugs" and will keep all updated
Unread 11-12-2011, 04:14 PM

How are you going Dee?x
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:50 AM

Hi Sharon..have'nt been on for a while..Im doing ok at the moment.. how are you?
I have been to see my consultant and as yet have not got the exact date for the op..but got my pre op app on 3rd of Jan..so it should be soon after that. I seem to have calmed down now..maybee because I have got time to get used the idea.
How are thing's going for you..still good I hope..let me know how you are.
(((((BIG HUGS)))))
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:32 AM

I honestly belive we all feel like that. I was a emergency case my pre op was friday and surgery on wed.! Once you go in to the Hospital it goes FAST!! You will worry yourself to death waiting! I know ive been there! You just have to keep reminding yourself that you will have a better quaily of life after its done and think about all the things you can do!! Good luck sister!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register