Can someone please tell me that this is just a bump in the road? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can someone please tell me that this is just a bump in the road? Can someone please tell me that this is just a bump in the road?

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Can someone please tell me that this is just a bump in the road?

I'm two days away from my surgery. Pre-op and bowl prep are tomorrow.

I'm 43 with no children and this has all been so sudden for me. I've never had any problems with any girl parts until one day early this month I had horrible pain. Went to the ER and was told I have two masses on my ovaries. A 10cm one on the left and a smaller one - with some solid mass - on my right.

I immediately had to cancel the Halloween vacation to Jamaica that I'd been planning for a year. I'm supposed to be there with about 50 friends right now, which is making this all the harder.... and schedule surgery to take these things out.

The thing with me is I really have no clue what's gonna happen once the ONC/GYN doc gets in to see what's going on. I'm having the Da Vinci surgery. All the doctors I've met with said something along the lines of they don't *think* it's cancer, but once you hear the "C" word and your doctor is an ONC doctor, I don't know how you shake it until you know for sure.

I've asked the dr to be conservative as possible. He "thinks" my left ovary is probably a goner, but he'll "try" to save the right. As far as the Uterus and the Cervix, he won't know until he gets in there. So I won't know either.

So right now I don't know what he's gonna find, what he's gonna remove, how long I'll be in the hospital, what kind of recovery I'm looking at, if I'm about to go into menopause, if I'm just over-reacting. I just don't know anything.

The only family have is my husband, who's awesome and will be here for me every step of the way, but I think he's at the end of his rope with my nervousness.

So I think what I'm looking for is anyone that might have been in a similar situation and might have come out on the other side being no worse for wear. Are you out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Re: Can someone please tell me that this is just a bump in the road?

Whoa!

That's a lot of if's and maybe's. I feel for you - I would be stressed, too.

If it makes it any easier, "This is just a bump in the road."

Knowing ahead of time will probably put your mind at ease (listen to me, as if I know), but would it make a difference?

I told my darling husband, who is also very awesome, that I'm going to be obsessed with this for a while and just get over it. He rolled his eyes and mumbled something as he walked away. Now he just says, "Ah, HysterSisters.", and goes about his business without another word.

Best wishes to you and (((BIG HUGS)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register