Surgery Friday Yikes! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Friday Yikes! Surgery Friday Yikes!

Unread 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Re: Surgery Friday Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
How funny-- my surgery is at the same time!!!! Arrive at 5:30 and surgery for 7:30!! Did the hospital/doctor give you this antibacterial soap to shower in the night before AND the morning of! UGH I am so not a morning person and now not only am I getting up way earlier than I normally do, I have to get up even earlier to shower AGAIN!!! LOL the pains we women go through

Thanks for all the reviews ladies. I will find out today if I have to do the wonderful prep or not. Hoping for the not but also might be a good idea to do it because I do have problems in that area and don't want to come home and not be able to go :-)
They gave me that soap. Then at the hospital they gave me a package (of two) wipes that I had to use for 30 seconds each on the surgical site. I'd forgotten about that! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 08:02 AM

Well found out yesterday in my preop that I do have to do a bowel prep. I have to take two Dulcolex tablets today and then two again tomorrow and around 4-5 tomorrow afternoon I have to mix a baggie full of Miralax that they gave me into a 64 oz Gatorade and drink it all down. FUN!!!

My dr also was filling me in on what causes would prevent him from going through with the da vinci and having to go with a straight line cut; like my ovaries hiding behind the bowel or something like that. So fingeres crossed everything is free floating where it should be!!!!
Unread 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Kristy where are fou from? I got to drink the same stuff to but I choose 7-up instead of gatorade. They said I could have that. It also said that if my bowels run clear after only half of it I will not have to finish it! So if I was to informative! Good luck with your bowel prep tomorrow and going to the castle on Friday! I will be thing about you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:48 PM

I am from Ohio, Dayton area. Thanks for the info! They didn't tell me that, but I figure drinking the Gatorade or anything mixed with the Miralax has to be better than the awful stuff you have to drink for a colonoscopy. Had one of those in 09 and that was bad!

Good luck Friday to you as well!! I will go into surgery knowing there is someone else going right with me!!!! We'll discuss our post op recoveries in a few days!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register