Scheduled dVH/RALH How long will preop appts last?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long will preop appts last?? How long will preop appts last??

Unread 11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Re: How long will preop appts last??

(((hugs)))

Stay positive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM

thank you will do and many blessing back
Unread 11-02-2011, 12:47 AM

Thank you for all your replies. My preop will entail both the business end as well as talking to the doctors. Looks like I should plan at least 3 hours at the clinic. I'll check back in throughout the day if I can. All of you are a wonderful source of support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 02:10 AM

Well thank you for your replies and thoughts, I'm sorry it took me awhile to write back. My preop went ok beside the fact I was late. . .oops. Although myis wonderful she was worried I had gotten hurt and was calling lookin for me. Anyway first was to finalize a diagnoses for my fibrocystic breasts. Then onto the preop, ovaries to keep or not to keep??? After lots of discussion we decided to give a chance and let them stay. She was quite amazed at how informed I was on everything. All I said was I owe it to my " HysterSisters" Thank YOu!! Next we discussed a monarch (bladder sling) she was VERY clear on the risks associated with it. Ok now the funniest part of the appt. . .she wanted to do exam to make sure the sling was neccessary. All up in the stirrups of course and she said ok cough so I did her reply was Oh nothing there. Then she said cough one more time i had to stop mid cough cause she was oh my ya ya her it comes She did need any more proof it was a necessary procedure. I told her my pain needed to be addressed it was getting worse and the tramadol wasnt working so she gave me a script for stronger meds. It REALLY made a world of difference I signed consents and then had at least 8 tubes of blood taken and a urine test. Then of fro a general physical which I passed, in the ssame appt we discussed anesthesia and the fact that I will be admitted rather than a 23 hr hold.
Next I went to the hospital admissions office more signing and reviewing of the same things I heard. SOOOOOO after nearly 4 hours all forms were signed and I had my instructions for the day before which was. . . .no food or drink after midnight and to take a dose of Milk of Magnesia after my evening meal. But otherwise NO bowel prep

I do need to go back next week for an urodynamics test. But nothing more. So now the 28th needs to hurry up and get here. It will be wonderful to be done and on the other side..
Again THANK YOU to each and everyone of you that has given me support
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Gee I guess every Dr is different,got a packet in the mail, went to speak with my already about surgery, he talks so much you cant get a word in edgewise, so I just handed him my list and said start answering
which he did, he went over each one and explained what was to be done, will plan on keeping ovaries, if all is well, but know both the uterus and cervix are going.
Our Castle just started this October using the DaVinci, so that was another question I asked how do you know what your doing!!!
he has been doing surgery for 30 yrs,he said it is like learning to drive a truck you already know how to drive , you just have to learn how to drive differently,I was ok with that.. the 17th I go to the outpatient center, blood work,urine test and ekg, that I guess is sent to the Dr, the surgical nurse will call the day before and get the info they need, and to tell me what time Im coming in,bring my living will and insurance card and thats that, I guess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register