nervous - date 11-28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nervous - date 11-28 nervous - date 11-28

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
nervous - date 11-28

Hello, my date is set for 11-28 partial h, just the uterus. I'm nervous because I don't know which route I should go. I have a choice between the lsh or the da Vinci. Which way are you going? May I ask how old are you, I'm 36. Is your family showing support at all? When is your date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Re: Any Arizona Sisters out there?

I'm 46; family is supportive. I'm scheduled for 11/22... but I don't know if I'm keeping the cervix or not - Dr. suggests removing cervix but is leaving it up to me. I'm very nervous about this decision. Currently, I'm scheduled to get LSH - uterus only. I'm really concerned about to remove cervix or not...

How long has da Vinci method been around?
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:03 PM

It's very new to northwest hospital in Tucson. One thing my dr told me yesterday if I don't take cervix out, there still might be some spotting , but if I did take it out (its hold up the vagina) I would need some phy. therapy on helping to keep it up with kegels, etc. Also that's where sex would hurt w out creams, etc. I've been bleeding since last Oct. And can count on 2 hands how many times I've been intimate w hubby. Dr. Recommends if the cervix is fine, keep it in! But I can't tell you what to do, I just know if there is no need to take it out, keep what you can. You can always go back to tweak as my dr. Told me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM

One thing I deff. Need to start doing is stopping my soda intake so I don't have withdrawal after surgery. They say caffeine is hard on the belly w gas, etc. After surgery. Fyi
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:17 PM

I know, my instincts tell me to keep the cervix - and if there's ever a problem, then remove it. The Dr. I'm going to (in Scottsdale) specializes in the Laporoscopic surgeries - her office has done 4000 or so. She did recommend removing the cervix... I just don't know!!

I did not know that about caffeine. Shoot, I love my coffee and Latte's. I don't know if I can completely quit but I'll certainly cut down prior to surgery. :-)
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM

Type in swelly belly here in search bar, it brings up about your belly afterwards, gas, bm's, etc. Something I'm deff. Looking into. I don't need it to get any bigger then it is afterwards,lol. Only reason to remove it, if she sees a problem w it, why hurry meno. Sooner then needed. Lol. I have early meno symptoms, but not full blown yet, why rush it. As for my lattes, that is going to be hard, especially w the colder season approaching. But deff cut out the teas and sodas and green veggies for gas. My cousin got her surgery in September and she still shows signs of swelly belly.
Unread 11-02-2011, 03:45 PM

I do think I want to invest in a support belt or something for afterwards to help hold it in and give support, just haven't found one yet.
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Ok, I'll do a search on that... my uterus is the size of 3-month pregnancy now so I'm hoping belly will go down when removed.

I'm keeping ovaries so I shouldn't have menopause yet, although, I've heard cervix helps w/lube. My concern about keeping the cervix is ALL related to sex... :-)

Why are you having the surgery? Have you had kids?
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Re: nervous - date 11-28

My surgery is the day after yours. I am having the DaVinci assisted surgery. We really didn't discuss any other method. I assume the doctor is most comfortable with it, so I'm going to trust him on this one.
Unread 11-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Re: nervous - date 11-28

I hear you all the way about keeping cervix for sex. Hoping it will give me back my life. I have 2 kids, 7 and 5, who act like 30 and 25.
I don't know about you women, but I have been so snappy w my kids, people at grocery stores, hubby, anybody. I just hope this will help get me under control w/out taking any hormone pills after surgery. I've tried them all and they didn't work. How about you women? Here's a funny story- 2 1/2 weeks ago I went to get another opinion about getting surgery, as I lay there for check up, dr says " boy your bleeding". I felt like saying "no **** Sherlock, did you think I'm making this up?". But I couldn't say it out loud. For one I'm a quiet person and I just never talk mean to anyone. But it made me laugh. You have to, or you'll go goofy. But today as I wait to go down grocery aisle, a lady pushes right into me, I blurted out of no where " really now". I guess you can say it is only going to get worse waiting for the surgery and getting snappy out loud, even to strangers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register