Question on underwear - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question on underwear Question on underwear

Unread 11-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Re: Question on underwear

When I awoke after surgery, they already had the hospital undies on me with one of their huge soft pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 12:03 PM

I am now 3 weeks post-op & doing well.

I live in Canada and I used the mesh panties while in hospital. When I got home I wore satin support panties. I bought a size 4x, when normally I would wear lge or x-lge. They are comfy & they do add nice support. Buy at least 4 pairs of panties.

Although I wish I had bought the "belly band " at the Hyster store! I still walk around with my hands cuddling my Belly LOL

Best wishes
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:32 PM

I never thought about the panties!!! This sight is so wonderful for questions you may forget!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 02:44 PM

My hospital didn't provide any undies. I brought some but never wore them.

I had TAH/Vertical incision.

Heck, I went commando while in the hospital and at home !

In the hospital, I wore the hospital gown and they kept one of those cotton bed pads under me. So, I'd just kinda open the back of the gown when I was in the bed so if I leaked, it would get on the bed pad and not my gown.

Honestly, I didn't leak a whole lot. It was just dark discharge for about 3-4 weeks and wasn't enough to soak through my gowns at home either.

I did buy a 7 pack of cotton briefs......2 sizes bigger, just in case. They were still a little too tight in the waist. I should've gotten 3 sizes bigger but, like I said, I went commando for about the first 2-3 weeks. I wasn't going anywhere anyway to need to wear panties. I wore gowns and sun dresses.

And, it wasn't that difficult to put them on either. You'll be surprised at how well your abs still work after TAH. They will be very sore though. Just be careful.
Unread 11-03-2011, 09:11 PM

I was not given the mess undies at the hospital and wore my own low cut bikini briefs as soon as I was able to walk. They hit below the incision and are quite comfy.
Unread 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM

I had my hysterectomy in July 2011 and still wear the mesh underwear from hospital. My regular underwear still feels restrictive and causes pain after I wear them for a while. Still can't wear jeans, buttoned anyway...I gained a little weight, 7 lbs., and had issues with bloating for months.
Unread 11-18-2011, 03:51 PM

I am also wondering about this since I have the 3 c section apron of fat that will jiggle I might need something a little more firm
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:20 PM

I was given the mesh undies after having my kids. THEY ROCK ! I hope I get them again after my hyster.
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:45 AM

Well I got my answers; no mesh underwear over here ... nothing the first night and then I was expected to change out of the robe and into my own underwear. Just really glad I'd gone shopping and found some in a larger size that were very supportive
Unread 11-19-2011, 07:19 AM

I had daVinci and generally wear only thongs. I found that the waistband of granny panties hit right at my incision, so I wore my own regular low waist thongs throughout my recovery. I had no problem putting them on myself when I went home after the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register