Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!! Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!!

Unread 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!!

Hello ladies,

I think I need some major downers, I am so stressed about this surgery I am not sleeping, or eating much, and have tons of anxiety issues. I am a total mess, I just want to be calm because what I am doing right now is not going to help the whole healing process afterwards. Just cannot calm my mind at all. I am a big whimp when I think of how they are going to do it all the cutting etc.. Just cannot handle that kind of stuff and can't get it out of my head!!!

Any advice????

Going crazy in Bismarck, North Dakota!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Re: Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!!

I go in tomorrow at 10:30 for my hyst...all week long I have had migraines and dizzy spells..anxiety is killing me! getting ready for my "light lunch" and then liquid diet and mag citrate in a little bit...fun! I can't believe this day is here, so nervous and excited at the same time.. I kind of calmed down a bit when i went to the hospital for pre op testing, it's a nice setting and everyone is so great (thats their job! lol! ) I wish you well
Unread 11-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Hi.... I go in tomorrow morning at 10:30am as well and I can't get it off my mind. Trying to keep busy and stuff but I keep thinking about it. Hopefully I will be able to get a good nights rest tonight but I even had trouble sleeping last night!

I keep telling myself it will be over before I know it and I will finally be free from this pain that has been with me for the last 6yrs or so.

It will be worth it in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn33 View Post
Hello ladies,

I think I need some major downers, I am so stressed about this surgery I am not sleeping, or eating much, and have tons of anxiety issues. I am a total mess, I just want to be calm because what I am doing right now is not going to help the whole healing process afterwards. Just cannot calm my mind at all. I am a big whimp when I think of how they are going to do it all the cutting etc.. Just cannot handle that kind of stuff and can't get it out of my head!!!

Any advice????

Going crazy in Bismarck, North Dakota!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM

You could ask your doctor for anti-anxiety medication. It did wonders for me. It took the edge off so I could function without the constant worry and it allowed me to sleep.

best wishes to you on your surgery
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Thank you so much ladies, I have had a bad bad day again crying, tired, just can't function like a normal human. I will definitely ask my doctor about the anxiety meds I think it would help alot. Just wondering if you can be on that medicine for surgery???

I wish both of you going in for sugery tomorrow the best of luck I will pray for you guys tonight. Be brave as we all have to be, I hope this makes both of you feel so much better!!!

Thank you for all your kind words and for just being there, it means so much to me!!!

HUGZ and Prayers

Love Amy
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Amy...I had my surgery one week ago. I had never had surgery of any kind and was very nervous about all of it! Let your nurse know you are having anxiety about it and sometimes they can give you something before you go back. I had such a positive experience. I have had the same OB for almost 15 years. She is very down-to-earth and made the mood light. Try not to think about what they will be doing! I can tell you I remember going to sleep and then waking up in what seemed to be an instant. You don't remember anything after they give you the mask and tell you to breathe. I didn't wake up in pain either! Positive thoughts and good luck to you!
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Dear AmyLynn!!

Truly, you will look back on this and wonder why you worried yourself sick - I did!!

I have reached the ripe old age of 62 without ever having surgery. I knew mine was major - TAH/BSO plus a pelvic wash because there was some chance of cancer. So, also a vertical incision from my belly button down (17 cm. it is!)
I thought I might not wake up.
My pre-op. appt. helped me a LOT. I met everyone involved and could ask all the questions I wanted and air my anxieties.
The anesthetist had a nice dry sense of humour that appealed to me. He assured me that I was going to be monitored every second I was on that table, and would be safer than in my own bed asleep at home.
I felt calm the day before - I just put myself in God's hands and thought peaceful thoughts and kept busy. (I did NOT expect this sense of calm, believe me!)
I had to be at the hospital so early the next day that it was just a mad rush. I did have to wait a few hours, but kept my mind busy with a cryptic crossword. Met another member of the surgical team who was so reassuring. Time to get gowned up - and then I was into it.. it was kind of interesting as well as scary . Got a spinal jab - not an epidural, but some sort of opiate to give me long lasting post-op. pain relief. I was in a cool room with my thin gown and shivering madly! "Are you cold?" I was asked. "No, terrified!" I replied. They gave me some anti-anxiety shot into my port (in my wrist) and wheeled me in. I no longer felt like I was going to be executed. One minute I was on the table and the next minute I was waking up in recovery - honestly it seemed that fast!
I was completely rational! Made a phone call, even.

After that, it is all about recovery....
You will find the surgery is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. You WILL wake up!
If you have not had your pre-op. make sure you express all your worries... but don't drive yourself nutso with scary thoughts now. If you have faith, put yourself in God's hands and look forward to being healed again.
I feel almost normal again after 9 weeks!

Hugs to you from over here in NZ!

As the above poster Crazywith4 said - DO NOT think about what they will be doing in there!! They know exactly what they are doing, they've done it 1000s of times.
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn33 View Post
Thank you so much ladies, I have had a bad bad day again crying, tired, just can't function like a normal human. I will definitely ask my doctor about the anxiety meds I think it would help alot. Just wondering if you can be on that medicine for surgery???

I wish both of you going in for sugery tomorrow the best of luck I will pray for you guys tonight. Be brave as we all have to be, I hope this makes both of you feel so much better!!!

Thank you for all your kind words and for just being there, it means so much to me!!!

HUGZ and Prayers

Love Amy
Thank you Amy for the prayers. I greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery as well. I am sure it will go very smoothly and you will be very happy you did it! Please keep me posted!
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:15 PM

Hello Sister's, first let me say that this site has been a tremendous Blessing & support for me. I know family and love ones mean well. But to be able to hear from other women who share my exact feelings is very comforting. My surgery is scheduled for Tues. Nov. 8, 2011. I am having an abdominal hysterectomy (due to fibroids), leaving cervix & both ovaries. I am so nervous & keep having sporadic crying spells. I am nervous about being "put to sleep" and pain after surgery. I continue to pray and I am trying hard to calm myself. Your words of encouragement and stories of courage have helped me through this most stressful time. I wish everyone well wishes for upcoming surgeries and speedy, healthy recoveries! May God Bless you all!
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:27 PM

I'd call your Dr. and ask for anxiety pills too. I just had my surgery on 28th and was very nervous too. p.s. It's not as bad as you think

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register