Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!! Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!!

Unread 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Re: Just worrying myself crazy so stressed and so much anxiety!!!

YOU WILL BE FINE I was a fruitloop for weeks before my surgery. I mean literally could not function. Tortured myself daily reading horror stories and looking up anesthesia statistics. I was seriously convinced that I would die! When I look back now I see how unreasonable I was, but then you could not convince me otherwise..lol! As I have told others, the Lord above is gonna take you when he wants you surgery day or not. Had to keep telling myself that. Doctors all over do these surgeries everyday. Will be praying for you! Amy C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 10:23 PM

I have anxiety during normal days but I kept myself busy before the surgery. I also had meds to help the anxiety. I had a list of everything I wanted to get done and I tried not to think about it. What helped the most was my pre-op with my anesthiologist. If you are reading posts on here, I have been reading the posts for those who had surgery the same week as I and I will tell you that the ones who post the most are the ones who are having trouble. Most don't post when they are doing great. So you are seeing more bad stories and not necessarily the norm. I was able to do all paperwork at my pre -op, so I only had to sign one paper which enabled them to put in my IV and give me something to relax me really soon. It was great! I wasn't afraid at all. I remember being wheeled into the or and they scooted me on the table and that's all I remember until they woke me up in the recovery room with my Dr there. I had very little pain. I am not kidding. They kept encouraging me to press the button for pain meds, but I didn't want to. I wanted Advil, but they wouldn't give it to me so I took nothing. I was comfortably relaxed the rest of the day. I was not hungry at all and just had fluids. I had no problem with gas either. I had gas, but it didn't hurt. I just passed it. It took me about 4 or 5 days to get my appetite back. Don't know why I wasn't hungry. I wasn't in any pain. I went home the next afternoon. Had to pee first, which took about 10 minutes. I just let the water run in the sink and used one of those bottles that lets you squeeze warm water over yourself and it worked! The nurse helped me walk the first couple of times and then I was walking to the bathroom myself. I walked out my room, down the hall and out to the car by myself. No wheel chair. I went home and took a nice nap, had lunch and lounged around and was pampered for 6 weeks. I miss being pampered, but glad to be released for regular activities. So, please don't be scared. It really wasn't that bad. The worry before was the worst part. It really was. Good luck! You will do fine.
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM

Thank you again to all of you, It is so nice to have a group of ladies that can care so much about eachother I will keep you posted when I am done, hopefully I can be well for Thanksgiving Just found out tonight that my sister in law has to have a knee replacment the week after I have my surgery OUCH!! I think I just might take the hyst instead!!

Thank you again for lifting my spirits

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register