Losing my Gilead while in the hospital - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Losing my Gilead while in the hospital Losing my Gilead while in the hospital

Unread 04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Re: Losing my Gilead while in the hospital

In a couple of days it will be 6 months since I lost my little boy...

I have long since gotten his ashes back. Thank God I was 3 weeks post op because I completely fell apart in the truck.

I cried for hours. When I got home my other dog, Shea, jumped up, kissed a tear away and then gave Gilead's urn a 'kiss' as if she knew who it was. (That set both me and my husband off)

It doesn't seem like 6 months and, with all the pictures around the house, it seems like he's still here.

I miss him terribly.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2012, 05:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets have a way of touching our hearts and making our lives so much better because they are in it. I love my dogs so much. They are my best friends. If you decide to get another dog some time down the road please consider a shelter pet. I spend my spare time volunteering at a no kill animal rescue and they are some amazing dogs just waiting for someone to come along and give them a chance at life and friendship. Ive seen it all and heard it all. Its hard sometimes not to lose faith in mankind when you get a call to take in a box of puppies that someone threw out on the road in the pouring rain. I joke and say the more people I meet the more I love my dogs.lol You could also honor your doggie by finding a rescue group in your area and volunteer. Who knows maybe you will meet your next best friend there. It is a very rewarding thing to do for any animal lover. It feeds the soul.

I hope your heart mends and the memory of your friend always bring a smile to your face.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azyria View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. Pets have a way of touching our hearts and making our lives so much better because they are in it. I love my dogs so much. They are my best friends. If you decide to get another dog some time down the road please consider a shelter pet. I spend my spare time volunteering at a no kill animal rescue and they are some amazing dogs just waiting for someone to come along and give them a chance at life and friendship. Ive seen it all and heard it all. Its hard sometimes not to lose faith in mankind when you get a call to take in a box of puppies that someone threw out on the road in the pouring rain. I joke and say the more people I meet the more I love my dogs.lol You could also honor your doggie by finding a rescue group in your area and volunteer. Who knows maybe you will meet your next best friend there. It is a very rewarding thing to do for any animal lover. It feeds the soul.

I hope your heart mends and the memory of your friend always bring a smile to your face.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Azyria.

I actually did rescue a dog :-) I got Daisy at the beginning of January. She is an American Eskimo like my other dog, Shea.

I was having a very difficult time without Gilead, and still do sometimes, and wanted to keep my broken heart busy. She's a sweet girl and bonded with me instantly. I think she knows how much I hurt and showers me with unconditional love.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer me such kind words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2012, 05:22 PM

Oh I am do sorry you are dealing with so much at once.
I understand how hard it is to lose a furry child. I lost my Coffy a border collie to cancer the end if last year. I had my hyster April 27 and started really missing him again. I knew he would of napped with me and would of been right by my side the whole time. I do have another dog and two cats but he was my boy!
About a week pre op I had a dream that I was being wheeled into surgery and he jumped up on the bed and curled up at my feet. In my dream the dr let him stay (made me like dr more). When I woke up in recovery he was still on my bed curled up. I know it was a dream but it made me feel better and made me realize my Coffy boy was still close by in spirit.
Hugs to you as you grieve the loss of your beloved furry child
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM

Im so happy to hear that you rescued one! I hope it will help ease the pain. Just like people they can not be replaced but that doesnt mean you cant love another one. My Bella who is a 100 lb pitbul/boxer mix was my napping partner when I was recovering. She never really left my side. It was as if she knew something wasnt right with me.
Unread 05-14-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie1965 View Post
Oh I am do sorry you are dealing with so much at once.
I understand how hard it is to lose a furry child. I lost my Coffy a border collie to cancer the end if last year. I had my hyster April 27 and started really missing him again. I knew he would of napped with me and would of been right by my side the whole time. I do have another dog and two cats but he was my boy!
About a week pre op I had a dream that I was being wheeled into surgery and he jumped up on the bed and curled up at my feet. In my dream the dr let him stay (made me like dr more). When I woke up in recovery he was still on my bed curled up. I know it was a dream but it made me feel better and made me realize my Coffy boy was still close by in spirit.
Hugs to you as you grieve the loss of your beloved furry child
What a wonderful dream!

I understand not having your boy by your side. It was brutal not to have him there. I'm so glad you had that dream to comfort you!
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM

i too have lost fur babies i was very close to and now i have 12 dogs( 11 being 5 week old puppies) a bird a cat and a horse my dogs are red-nosed pitts and the pupies have border collie in them also i couldnt imagine what you have gone through i am so sorryfor ur loss and hope that ur new baby helps some i am having my hyser on june 8th and know that my baby girl will be here with me through it all girl is my red-nose pitt GIRL is her name she is alsome she already follows me around like she knows wha is happening to me lol
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddle1977 View Post
i too have lost fur babies i was very close to and now i have 12 dogs( 11 being 5 week old puppies) a bird a cat and a horse my dogs are red-nosed pitts and the pupies have border collie in them also i couldnt imagine what you have gone through i am so sorryfor ur loss and hope that ur new baby helps some i am having my hyser on june 8th and know that my baby girl will be here with me through it all girl is my red-nose pitt GIRL is her name she is alsome she already follows me around like she knows wha is happening to me lol
Thanks, cuddle. Girl will be your best recovery 'tool'.

My advice to you is to be VERY gentle and patient with yourself during this time. Treat yourself like a queen. Close your eyes to household duties and rest, rest, rest.

Set up a side table for everything you need before you leave for your surgery. Make sure it's big enough to hold something for drinking water, tissues, tv remote, light snacks, etc. I kept my Dulcolax and Gas X there, too.

Make sure you have pillows and blankets set up in every area you will be sleeping/resting on. Get PLENTY of sleep! Don't feel guilty if you do a lot of it the first few days.

This is YOUR time. Use the forums here. It saved my sanity! Good luck!
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:21 AM

thanks i have been posting in the pro-opp form and have gotten alot of advise and help i love this site it has been so much help with my fears and questions have been answered
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:14 PM

I'm so sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register