Tiredness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Tiredness

Hi Sisters,
My surgery is scheduled for the 15th. I'm a teacher and working more then full time. I'm exhausted all the time it seems. Has anyone else experienced exhaustion before surgery. I'm wondering if this is common or something I'm imagining due to nerves.
Thanks for any comments
Tracie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Re: Tiredness

Hi Tracie,

I too had a lot of fatigue for months before surgery. I am now 8 weeks post op TVH da Vinci robotic. (Stage Ia uterine cancer) You will be able to handle the fatigue after surgery and probably be a better patient for it. I was back to work one week after surgery on a part-time basis. I am and RN who teaches 3-4 hour classes per week and take adults to clinical settings to learn how to be CNA's (certified nursing assistants) I also am in my first semester of graduate school and have been able to keep up. So I hope that encourages you. I believe my fatigue was my body fighting the cancer. Now it's still in recovery so I have to let it rest physically but I'm glad for the distractions of work, it helps keep my mind occupied and productive. Blessings and I'll keep you in my prayers.
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Since I'm not sure why your having the hysterectomy, I'm sort of guessing here.

If you are having heavy bleeding even for only a few days a month your iron levels could be depleted, talk to your dr about getting them checked.

If you have fibroids when they are growing even small amounts they can be very draining and make you more tired then usual.

Good luck on your surgery and recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM

Yes, I have fibroids and thanks a lot!
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:10 PM

I am scheduled to have a TVH on November 22nd. I am also very fatigued. I was wondering the same. I think it is mostly nerves and whatever you are going through to cause the hysterectomy. I am having severe bleeding. I have been on b12 shots and an iron supplement, they were helping but now I think the nerves have just caught up with me. I will be thinking of you and wish you well. I keep reminding myself everything happens for a reason and sometimes you just have to 'roll with it'
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM

crg553,

You may need an increase in the iron again. Two weeks before surgery I felt the same thing and my dr increased my iron from one dose to 3 doses a day. It made a huge difference.

Good luck!
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:14 PM

TY bingo kitten. I wasn't sure if that would be it or not. Its almost impossible for me to get out of bed most of the time also have a bit of stress I am dealing with. (my office just closed so I am out of a job) But everything happens for a reason, that is why I figured it is perfect timing for me to have the TVH.
TY TY TY for your help!
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:41 AM

I just went through the same thing. I went in for surgery just as my boss left for a trade show and there was a lot of pressure on me to get a great deal of work done before I and they left. Also I'm sure I felt a little guilty for being out (even though I shouldn't!) and so I tried to make sure I had everything at work really "ready" for me to be out. Add to that all the decisions & planning around the surgery, getting prepared for all the things I cannot do for a while. Add to that just the day-to-day things that happen to us all. My fibroids weren't giving me huge problems and I didn't have bleeding before surgery, but I definitely needed extra sleep for several days going into it.

Be as good to yourself as you can and don't be afraid to be a little selfish! You only get one chance to recover, and your recovery really begins way before your surgery even happens! Good luck!
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM

Before my trip to the castle, every time I sat down I could fall asleep. I was exhausted.

I'm now 2 weeks past my TVH and haven't had the urge to nap once.

I only had one fibroid. I don't know why it was so physically draining, but it was.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Best wishes to all my HysterSisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register