3 days later still bleeding and cramping from biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days later still bleeding and cramping from biopsy 3 days later still bleeding and cramping from biopsy

Unread 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
3 days later still bleeding and cramping from biopsy

Good Lord. I was just going to a routine exam I thought when we discussed my transvaginal ultrasound results and I am just a mess "down there."

Uterus is HUGE, ovary has marble-sized cysts, fibroids, etc. He suggested an endometrial/cervical biopsy to rule out anything further and confirm his suspicion of adenomyosis plus of course, rule out any cancers...

I am still cramping/bleeding from the biopsy. It hurt sooo much, and I have a very, very high pain tolerance. It doesn't take much for me to bleed, but geez, c'mon. And the cramping!

TLH (that might turn abdominal, he's not sure) scheduled Dec. 19th (Merry Christmas, right? LOL). I am unsure about leaving the one good ovary; my instinct is to keep it but people tell me I"m nuts.

I will be so glad to be free of this pain and bleeding that has disrupted my life so much the past few years; on the other hand, I'm freaking out now, and it's not even close to Dec. 19th. I've had 3 c-sections and my tonsils and gallbladder out; I should be "used" to surgery. But I was younger then, lol. I'm 49, and I cry when I even think about the surgery. I'm usually the family "strong" one, the trooper, the Superwoman, the one to handle 50 things at once with a smile. But at night, I'm a sobbing mess. I hurt from cramps, I'm anemic from blood loss, I'm sad and scared about the surgery. I'm just plain old tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Re: 3 days later still bleeding and cramping from biopsy

I bled from my biopsy *that I had on 10/25* until 10/29 THEN I started my period, which just added insult to injury...
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM

So sorry to hear of your discomfort after my biopsy I never felt so violated in my like the pain was unbearable. reading your message gave me a flash back. I hope you get relief very soon. My surgery date is Nov 28, 2011 I'm extremely nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM

Hi hon, I've had 6 biopsies and yes, they HURT! And I too felt violated each and every time. I would bleed/cramp for a couple days afterward. Maybe call your doctor if it goes on too long. And I understand how you feel about being sad and scared too. It's a very emotional time. I have cried more in the last 4 months than I have in the last 10 years! Try not to worry, You will be fine and all this will be behind you. Hang in there!
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear you are in pain...I remember it well...I thought I was going to come right off the table! And the DR says..I know, I know...sure he does...NOT!! I too had bleeding for quite a while after. Just keep in mind that in the end (after your surgery)...things will get better! Best Wishes! HUGz
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the replies; I do remember him saying he was having difficulty and my cervix was being "uncooperative" and he was doing quite a bit of twisting and turning and pinching down there...boy did it hurt, though. The blood is still bright red and the cramps just as bad as when he was finished...and this is Day 3. But I've been poking around other posts and its not uncommon so I guess I will just wait it out...had I of known a biopsy was to be done I'd of taken Ibuprofen or something beforehand, maybe that would have helped.

Very torn about hysterectomy; know it needs to be done, but boy, I hate to part with my organs. Dr. said about a 2 hr surgery for the TLH, seems like a long time for a lap surgery, I guess I just don't like the thought of anesthesia for that long. And even with the "anti-nauseous" meds, I always, always throw up. I do not tolerate anesthesia and any narcotic meds well at all. We'll see...I will think happy thoughts. And a Dec. 19th surgery? Geez...I'm having nightmares of no doctors being available if I have any issues, that they'll all be on Christmas holiday (or nipping at the spiked egg nog).
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM

Oh great, my biopsy is this coming Tuesday. I'm bleeding continuously anyway, so...lol. I'm already in enough pain and I'm severely allergic to advil, ibuprofen, anaprox, naproxen, et al!
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Hi Terrain73; from what I've also read about biopsies, you can ask them to numb you first. Some people say it helped a lot, some said it was more painful than the biopsy, so I don't know...

If all else fails--alcohol is what I'd do. Just a tiny bit, to take the edge off. Seriously, that's what I'd of done if I'd of known. LOL

Then again, I'm reading some people only felt very minimal discomfort so it's hard to say. At least you know you're getting a biopsy--I was blindsided. LOL Seriously, though, I think they can numb you up. Please ask!
Unread 11-03-2011, 11:45 PM

I also had a tremendous amount of pain when my biopsy was performed. I have never experienced anything like it. My doctor said that some women say it is nothing more than a minor pinch while others liken it to labor pains. I was definitely on the labor pains end of the spectrum!

I bled for a couple weeks after the biopsy. Prior to the biopsy, I had the uncontrollable bleeding under control, but the biopsy seemed to cause it to start all over again.

I am glad you posted this. Reading this string was helpful to me; I thought that my severe pain reaction to the biopsy was rare. It is nice to know that my reaction was not so abnormal afterall.

I hope you feel better soon and, if the cramping and bleeding doesn't stop, you should probably talk to your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register