Scheduled dVH/RALH What a silly thing to be upset about! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a silly thing to be upset about! What a silly thing to be upset about!

Unread 11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
What a silly thing to be upset about!

AF started Tuesday - last one before hysterectomy. Still ridiculously heavy on Wed and Thur, and had one embarrassing moment, but here I am on day 4 and it's almost over. I'm used to 1.5-2 weeks of bleeding, and here I've got panty-liner quantity. I'd kinda hoped she'd go out with a bang so I wouldn't have any last minute questions... But here she is being all pleasant (by comparison) almost as though my uterus is making a last minute campaign to stay, lol. I'm not REALLY upset, but I am thinking "for the last 20 years, more time bleeding than not - why do you wait til NOW to behave?!" Guess low iron levels won't be as big a concern!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Re: What a silly thing to be upset about!

Often our pain and other symptoms go away right before surgery and we doubt ourselves. My pain was gone leading up to surgery and I was wanting to cancel. And then luckily the pain came back a couple days before and dispelled my fears. I had to do it. I am glad for you though that you and aunt flo are saying goodbye on friendly terms!
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Im having the opposite problem. After having periods that you could base a calender on with heavy bleeding. Last month I bled for all but 5 days and I already started on day 2 for Nov. Pain is worse than it has ever been, I hope my symptoms subside as my date is the 28th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2011, 09:17 PM

kbid Funny how the body can work sometimes. It is not silly to be upset by this at all. Having second thoughts can happen to anyone when pondering this surgery. My emotional self had a major panic attack a few days before surgery. Then, my logical side took back over the next day and I proceeded forward with the operation.

full Sorry you are dealing with this. You may want to call your doctor on this.

Unread 11-04-2011, 09:22 PM

thank you marestail. I was just there in wed. For preop they had no concerns. I have to go back tues for urodynamics. I think I tried to pretend I was normal for too long and now that I've accepted it my body is making sure I dont back out lol.
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:31 PM

It is easy to do - pretend that things are not as bad as they really are. I think that is just human nature. This is a scary and upsetting surgery. I can see hoping it would be possible to avoid it. But now, you are headed that direction, and you are having it done for your health. In the end, and on balance, it is positive.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Ahhh! She was teasing me. I guess now that my uterus knows her "Hail Mary" attempt to stay won't work - she's back at it with a vengeance. Punk. LOL.
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:22 PM

LOL....kbid! I yell at my uterus a lot....we are not friends. I like the idea of calling her a punk until she's gone!

I've been second guessing myself like crazy....worried that I'm being a big wimp with the pain or that they won't find as bad of endometriosis as they have in the past. Hubby sat me down and gave me a talking to....told me that every year I am missing out on 3-6 months of my life due to pain and exhaustion from this and that I did the exact same thing before my other surgeries and I haven't regretted one of them. Made me feel better about making the right decision. Glad he's looking out for me!
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:27 PM

My hubby's been the same way. It's so nice to not only have their support, but also their encouragement, isn't it? The other day I said..."but - what if they get in and there's NOTHING wrong?!" he said "well, I guess it's be Divine Intervention - since every ultrasound, scan, and laparoscoy has indicated otherwise." It's nice that he doesn't think I'm crazy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register