dry shampoo | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-05-2011, 02:32 AM
dry shampoo

did anyone end up taking this in with them and using it? was it ok? worrying about the hair issue now i bought a small spray container of it today to use but thinking I should try it out first - thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Re: dry shampoo

My mother used it back in the 60's (it was called Psst! then)...she said it did the trick until she was able to shower.
My younger sister had a college room-mate who used bath powder in her hair to absorb any grease until she had time to shower...I'll confess that I have done this prior to an early morning trip to the grocery store...and it really does make your hair look fresh...and smell "shower fresh" ...with the powder you have to comb it our well, or else it whitens your a hair a bit...I would bet the spray wouldn't do that. I've been interested to try it myself to take camping...I can handle sponge bathing....but CAN'T STAND greasy hair!
Unread 11-05-2011, 07:59 AM

I haven't had my surgery yet, but have used it. It took a little practice, but after the first 1 or 2 times I figured out how to spray it to absorb oil without giving my roots super volume and leaving the rest of my hair flat. I like it for those days I have to wait to shower until after I've dropped the kids off at school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2011, 08:51 AM

thanks it's the greasy hair i can't stand either and my hair gets oily very quickly so just incase i can't shower the second day i wanted to have alternatives. Sounds like i might be out of time for much practice though
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:58 AM

I only stayed overnight in hospital, was able to shower when I got home so it wasn't an issue.
Unread 11-05-2011, 10:50 AM

I stayed two days, but was allowed to shower at the hospital both of the two mornings I was there. Ask at your pre op appointment at the hospital whether you will be allowed to shower the next morning or not.

Good luck with your surgery!

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Coming from a hairstylist point of view: Sometimes dry shampoo doesn't work that great, if you have fine/thin hair it will make it feel heavy. Not sure about the hospitals where you are, but here in Nova Scotia all of our hospitals are scent free so be sure that you ask if you can have it, if it has a smell, strong or light.
Good luck to you!!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 03:16 PM

I stayed one night in Hosp and showered the next day. My hair gets very greasy too but I was so tired that for that that one day I did not really care and was clean the next day...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register