Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :( - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :( Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :(

Unread 11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Re: Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyD View Post
I was having surgery for the second time - I was your age when I did the first and for some reason I was so relaxed probably just knowing I would be away from work.:-) However, even thinking of that this time around I was still a bit nervous but on the day of the surgery my anestesist was really the one who made me feel so relaxed for the surgery. Of course so many were praying as well and we will be praying for you. All will be well lpn573, God is in control.
I was anxious and scared before hand too and I even told my doctor that when I saw her a few days before surgery. I think I surprised her a little bit but then she assured me that she was going to take great care of me. I also had many people praying for me the days leading up to and the day of the surgery so that day I was remarkably calm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Thank you all for your response :-) you all have made me feel so much better!! Thank you so very much!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relli View Post
Hi Lpn,

It is normal to feel scared before surgery. I am scheduled on the 16th as well. I have a fibroid the size of a mid term pregnancy as well. I am nervous as well but I have faith that everything will be just fine. I have an 11 and a 16 y/o so am blessed. I already have what I need for the hospital and for the bowel prep including baby wipes and A&D ointment. LOL, I am also doing lots of. stuff around the house that I will not be able to later. I am doing all that. I can to keep my mind of of the surgery so I wont get too stressed. I am in constant pain but I refuse to let it
You will be just fine!!! This site has been a blessing to me. I'm sure it will be to you too. Good luck & God bless!!!
. I'll be praying for you as well!! We will be going to the castle the same day!! Thanks for sharing this with me :-) I'm just so ready to get this over with!! Looking forward to hearing bout your expirence with this!! Thanks alot!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2011, 08:56 PM

You are very welcome. I am going to put your surgery date in my phone so I can remember to keep you in my prayers.
Unread 11-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Hyst sched for nov 16, scared :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaKobe2 View Post
You are very welcome. I am going to put your surgery date in my phone so I can remember to keep you in my prayers.
. Thank you so very much!! I can use all the prayer I can get!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 09:12 PM

I found that keeping really busy helped. I cleaned like a maniac, and did things like set the table next to my bed with all the comforts I would need. At the hospital I was honest from the beginning about my anxiexty. I'm not going to lie..I was a mess, and I'm an RN. The staff was amazing, and i got something to "calm" my nerves. They got it, and i felt so much love & care. You will be fine...as soon as the "calm" meds. hit i remember nothing, but waking in recovery.
Blessing to you & all will be fine. I'm 6 days post-op & doing good.
Hugs & happy thoughts
Unread 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies2 View Post
I found that keeping really busy helped. I cleaned like a maniac, and did things like set the table next to my bed with all the comforts I would need. At the hospital I was honest from the beginning about my anxiexty. I'm not going to lie..I was a mess, and I'm an RN. The staff was amazing, and i got something to "calm" my nerves. They got it, and i felt so much love & care. You will be fine...as soon as the "calm" meds. hit i remember nothing, but waking in recovery.
Blessing to you & all will be fine. I'm 6 days post-op & doing good.
Hugs & happy thoughts
You're right and keeping busy those few days leading up to surgery helped a great deal. I also had the mindset that once I got admitted if I was really anxious I was just going to ask for something. They understand and they are there to help you in anyway that they can. Don't be afraid to ask for a little something if you feel you need it. Like I said before I had a good friend there with me and she helped to keep me preoccupied with conversation next thing I knew two hours had passed and it was time to head into surgery and next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery wondering where in the world I was. Lol
Unread 11-05-2011, 09:22 PM

I have surgery on the 16th too, very nervous, just got all my Christmas shopping done. I am going to clean and be prepared at home, but I am a nervous wreck. I wasn't this bad when I had my lap three years ago, I am much worse this time, I think I may need a big cocktail I wish I could be stronger!!!!
Unread 11-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn33 View Post
I have surgery on the 16th too, very nervous, just got all my Christmas shopping done. I am going to clean and be prepared at home, but I am a nervous wreck. I wasn't this bad when I had my lap three years ago, I am much worse this time, I think I may need a big cocktail I wish I could be stronger!!!!
Wow I can't believe that you have all your Christmas shopping done. Good for you! My anestesiologist gave me what he referred to as a "cocktail" and that was that. I woke up in recovery several hours later. That was some "cocktail"......LOL
Unread 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM

Uggh I am exhausted but just want to be well prepared so I can just rest and heal afterwards, plus there is no way I am going to the stores after this surgery around the holidays, I will go just for food!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register