Scheduled TVH November 22 having second thoughts - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

November 22 having second thoughts November 22 having second thoughts

Unread 11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Re: November 22 having second thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg553 View Post
TY!
No no second opinion. Been to so many gyno docs my life. They all pretty much told me there are these set things we can do, once they are done then out with the uterus it is. So, I didn't really need a second opinion. I switched Gynos in 2006 because one told me that he wasn't sure why I was having the pains, Went in and did a diagnostic lapro and removed a huge amount of scar tissue from my c-section, then It got infected and I was in the hospital for a week, He didn't believe that anything was wrong with me. I was like "seriously dude? I am running a 105. fever and there is nothing wrong?" I don't remember most of it, but I know enough that the switch was needed. Never understood why so many gynos are male. They don't get it!!!! lol WRONG PARTS!
Actually I stated that wrong. It was a blood clot and septic infection that caused the hospital stay and fever. Sorry. Brain is not functioning properly pain and exhaustion are eating me alive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2011, 07:29 PM

(((crg553))) I agree with *~JustMe~* - why even try an option (e.g., depo Provera) if you're not going to wait long enough to find out if it's working or not? Sounds like it is. FWIW, I was on depo Provera for several years a decade ago. I had no periods for the entire time I was on it plus one year after I stopped using it - loved that about it.

JMHO, of course, but I don't believe whether or not a DR is compassionate or can understand our situation has anything to do with their gender. I have had wonderful, compassionate female DRs (my gyn is female) as well as similarly wonderful male DRs (my general surgeon, whom in my opinion walks on water and whom I have trusted with my life more than once). I've also had cold, callous DRs both male and female (my first oncologist was one of those, and female). It's about their nature and also how they were raised to treat others, not about whether or not they have two X chromosomes.

If you are not 100% sure you are ready to go through with the surgery and accept whatever outcome you get, do not go through with it - the regret and despair that come with realizing you made the wrong decision are very painful to deal with and can stay with you for life. Another opinion is a great idea if you are on the fence; alternatively, waiting a while to see how you'll do after a few more depo injections would also be a reasonable strategy. It is much easier to reschedule surgery than it is to put back the organs that were removed after the fact.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM

Hi again! Well I had to go to the local ER lastnight due to severe pain that I couldn't handle with OTC medication. I had 2 dilaudid and 1 toradol shot before the pain was almost completely gone. They sent me home on pain meds. And I was to fallow up with my Gyno, who is out of the office until Wednesday, So just waiting on Wednesday to find out what to do. I have been in bed all day today. The pain is getting worse. The pain medicines they gave me help but, I still have trouble walking a bit and I also started my wonderful bleeding again. So, I guess God answered my ???s for me. Thanks for all your help on here and I wish you all the best.
Thanks again and God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 05:09 AM

I will go for my pre-op on the 17th,I am not bleeding either, actually I feel fine right now...
my DH says why are you getting it done if you feel ok now?
well I could wait, but at 51 do I wait,to see if I start to bleed for 2-3 months at a time?, to clot out and be in such extreme pain that I have to take percocet? No I trust my Dr, and I dont want to have to deal with it anymore
I have faith in the man above and the dr, and that this is the right decision for me
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
I will go for my pre-op on the 17th,I am not bleeding either, actually I feel fine right now...
my DH says why are you getting it done if you feel ok now?
well I could wait, but at 51 do I wait,to see if I start to bleed for 2-3 months at a time?, to clot out and be in such extreme pain that I have to take percocet? No I trust my Dr, and I dont want to have to deal with it anymore
I have faith in the man above and the dr, and that this is the right decision for me

All I can say is TRUE DAT!!!! no i normally do not speak that way, but, I am feeling and saying the exact same thing you are. I do not agree with those who will try to push you away from the surgery just b/c your symptoms have stopped. It is the same as anything else. You go to the doctor when you have finally have had enough of being sick, for some reason moments before you arrive you are 'all better'! I do believe that it would not be an option. Especially if your gyno has been your gyno for 10+ years Why would she/he all the sudden say "yep" lets do a useless procedure? I don't think it would happen that way.
Good luck to you Grandmallie! I will be praying for you. My pre-op is the 16th. Keep me posted on how you're doing. Big Bigs to you!
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg553 View Post
TY JustMe,
I am also anemic. Since it has been going on for so long that is why my gyno said we should do the surgery. I didn't really understand it either. I tried the IUD for two months but it was very painful, Couldn't be intimate w/o feeling like it was going to rip me open. Actually now that I think about it, that may be the reason why she said to go through with the surgery. Every time I have sexual intercourse, no O or with O I bleed very very heavy and pass clots afterwards. I have my pre-op appt. on the 16th so I will be able to talk to her more about it then. My DH and I have just pretty much given up on intimacy b/c the pain it causes during and after with the bleeding. IDK. But thank you so so much for your response.
Yikes! That totally stinks. I hear you about the second thoughts because it is so permenant, but with all your problems I think you'll be like me and glad you did it. Bleeding gone, no worries on anemia, etc.

Sorry I didn't respond again earlier, I've been sick the last couple of days (sinus junk) and been tired again. Thankfully feeling better today! I hope your surgery goes great!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register