Scheduled TVH Lupron injections before TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron injections before TVH Lupron injections before TVH

Unread 11-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Lupron injections before TVH

My hysterectomy is scheduled for March 2012. My doctor is wanting me to start Lupron Depot injections, 1 time per month forthe next 4 months, in hopes of shrinking my uterus so that I can have a TVH. I am terrified of these injections, all I am reading is bad side effects...that last way past stopping the meds. has anyone else tried these injections, if so how did they work for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Re: Lupron injections before TVH

I've been on Lupron since July and it's changed my life, all for the better. I chose to start with a one-month shot, because I was concerned about side effects, and I had NO pain for the entire cycle. We scheduled my hyst and I had a three-month shot so I wouldn't have to go back each month.

My side effects were very manageable--hot flashes, night sweats and some weird memory things--and seem to have resolved.

Good luck!
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM

thanks, the reviews on this medication is very scary. I actually canceled my appointment to get the injection, so I could do more research. You didnt have any of the joint and bone pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 08:19 AM

I've had no bone or joint pain--or, rather, I've had no new or increased bone or joint pain. After many years of running around on hard courts and ball diamonds, I'm creakier than your average 40 year old!
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:23 AM

I am scheduled for hysterectomy in Dec. , I just received my first injection of Luperon last Monday; and so far I'm not experiencing any terrible effects. I do feel some joint pain, and some spotting. But that's it so far so good. I hope it doesn't have bad side effects on you. Main goal-Luperon shrinks fibroids!
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM

Thanks...I am so scared if these injections! Even the FDA has listed lupron as one of the most dangerous drugs on thee market...scary!
Unread 11-08-2011, 12:13 PM

You know, honestly I didn't know that. I believe that the length of usage is key though. It is best to use for short periods of time (I think). Hang in there! And thanks for the info
Unread 11-08-2011, 01:04 PM

I am taking Zoladex injections - very similar to Lupron - for 6 months to shrink my fibroids so I can have an LSH next year. I've had 3 injections so far and other than the usual menopause side effects - hot flashes, night sweats, etc - I'm feeling better than I have in years. I have extremely large fibroids (largest is 24cm).

However, my doctor prescribed me an "add back" hormone (Prempro) that I take everyday to alleviate the menopause symptoms. it's a low dose estrogen that doesn't interfere with the shrinking effects of the Zoladex.

The good news is that fibroids are shrinking and I feel fine. If the injections enable me to have a less invasive surgery, I'll be thrilled. So far, so good.
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezilla View Post
I am scheduled for hysterectomy in Dec. , I just received my first injection of Luperon last Monday; and so far I'm not experiencing any terrible effects. I do feel some joint pain, and some spotting. But that's it so far so good. I hope it doesn't have bad side effects on you. Main goal-Luperon shrinks fibroids!
Just are you still feeling good after the injection

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register