Scheduled dVH/RALH Two weeks to go... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks to go... Two weeks to go...

Unread 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Two weeks to go...

I am scheduled for my hysterectomy on 11-23-11, I might have my left ovary removed. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on recovery? I had a laparoscopy done 8-26 so I assume recovery will be similar to that one... But I'm not totally sure what to expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Re: Two weeks to go...

You and I are very similar! My hysterectomy is Nov 23 (Da Vinci), might have RIGHT ovary removed, and had a laparaoscopy on August 25. Will be curious to hear the advice others have to offer. Good luck!
Unread 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Oh my heck. Keep me posted on yours. If you don't mind me asking, what are you having the hysterectomy done for? I am having mine done for really bad periods and chronic pelvic pain. I'm hoping it will help with the pain, but for sure the bleeding. I'm only 24 and it took some convincing to get my Doc to even agree to take my uterus. My LEFT ovary has had a cyst on it for awhile so that's why mine might come out, and depending on how the RIGHT looks it might also come out. I am hoping to leave at least one just so i don't have to go through menopause for 27 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM

My body is just screwed up. I've got suspected adenomyosis, pelvic congestion, possible endo, enlarged uterus, multiple adhesions... Had a vein wrapped around my right ovary which caused pain in addition to heavy, lengthy periods. I'm anxious to have it all over, have some answers, and heal! I'm not as young as you - 31 - but still feel so young to be having this procedure! I've been seeking medical help for this for 14 years and it wasn't til last year that I finally had a doctor take me seriously and believe it wasn't all in my head. Good for you for being a strong advocate for yourself!
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:43 PM

I feel you on the screwed up body! I feel the same way. And can I say wow...that's so much for you to be going through so young. Have you had kids? I've been to so many doctors since the beginning of the year to "TRY" and find out what's been going on with me. I saw a urologist, he dismissed me. I saw a G.I., after a colonoscopy being diagnosed with crohn's disease and a month later being told it was not crohn's, he dismissed me. My primary care dr has been the best at helping me with the pain and being sick, finally he even had no clue what to do, and sent me to my OBGYN and he did the LAP to check for Endometriosis and I had some and at my 2 week check from that I had the cyst. And after the LAP I've had like a period every two weeks and it's like turning on a faucet... Having your period sucks enough but when you bleed so bad you wear pads and tampons that's a problem for me. Finally I told my OBGYN that I just want my uterus takin out. I'm not using the uterus why keep it for it to just cause me pain all the time. YOU KNOW?? Sorry this turned long, I have never found someone that has any kind of clue what i'm going through.
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Oh I get it! Super tampons + overnight pads + HOPING that's enough to do the trick for the hour.... Ugh. Looking forward to chucking those puppies in the trash! I have had kids, we have four. I welcomed pregnancy bc it finally meant less bleeding (though I always had light bleeding during all pregnancies). C-sections on all.

Interesting about the Crohns disease, I have Celiac which is a reaction to wheat/gluten that damages the intestines and can cause a slew of other issues. Have you been tested? There are connections between it and endo, as well. "Healthier without Wheat" (book) has a fantastic list of symptoms and testing.

I'm sorry we are both having to go through this, but it's nice to have someone who understands and is on the same timeline!
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:58 PM

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!! I agree, I can't wait to get rid of them! I bled lightly through mine too, I also had pre term labor so that didn't help.

I have never even heard of Celiac, i'll have to ask my GI about it.

It really is terrible to be going through this, I can't wait till it's over!! Are you on facebook? We should swap email or something and keep in touch through our post op days too.
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM

I just googled that Celiac symptoms, a lot of them I HAVE! they match almost too well.... I'm going to call my GI Doc and see what they think.
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Sounds like a good idea! They can do preliminary blood tests and then a biopsy/scope of the intestine. Blood tests plus good results on the gluten free diet were all I needed; I feel good when I'm GF and horrible when I'm not....didnt need to or want to go through the scope - which would only result in "oh hey, go on a GF diet!".... No other treatment than diet on Celiac which is awesome. I did do some probiotics though, which helped as I transitioned to GF.
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm supposed to have another colonoscopy/endoscopy this month but I want to wait till after the hysterectomy. If they can just do a blood test I would rather that, i hate the prep for a colonoscopy. It's the worst!! What kind of foods do you have to avoid?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register