partial hyster. and MS | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

partial hyster. and MS partial hyster. and MS

Unread 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
partial hyster. and MS

Hi, I'm Michelle and I am scheduled for a partial hyster. next Wednesday due to post ablation syndrome. I also have multiple sclerosis and was wondering if anyone else has had this surgery with MS and if it caused any ms symptoms (new or old) to flare up. I know everyone is different, I was just wondering. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Re: partial hyster. and MS

I am so sorry your are dealing with this. I do not know if a hysterectomy would cause your MS to flare up. Have you asked your doctor about this?

Hopefully, someone will respond to this who does have MS and let you know their experience.

(((Hugs))) to you...
Unread 11-11-2011, 05:34 AM

Hi Michelle!

I have MS and it's been flaring up. I'm 5 1/2 weeks post-op from a TAH/LSO.

Will you be staying in the hospital for a few days after surgery?

Three things I've noticed so far re: MS & hysterectomy- at least in my own experience.
1) Tremors were way worse first two weeks post-op.
2) Sporadic leg spasms, especially first 24 hours post-op. (Triggered by the compressors they put on your feet to prevent blood clots in your legs.)
3) Way slower recovery due to compromised immune system. (So far I've gotten the stomach flu, a cold, two post-op infections, an infected blood clot in my vaginal cuff.)

I sure hope your experience is better than mine & wish you lots of luck. Feel free to ask me anything. Hugs and best wishes to you. :-)

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Hi, I am having surgery on November 18 LAVH, and I also have MS...My MS Doctor doesn't seem to be worried a bit, but I had the same questions as you and doesn't seem to be many of us out there. I can't help you at this point but I sure do hope you will send us fellow MS'rs an update after your surgery. My guess is rest rest rest!!, something I don't do very well..I think this is God's way of saying SLOW DOWN WOMEN!!

Good Luck, my thoughts and prayers will be with you
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:23 AM

I was also wanting info on this as well..... I am 31...just recently diagnoised w MS...iam having a partial hyst on dec 21st....abdominally.... Iam reallllllllllllllllllllly worried about how the surgery will effect my MS....any advice and/or feedback would be great... Im also wondering how long does the abdom. Hyst surg. Take in the OR and how long does the vag 1 take??
Thanks
Carrie
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Hi (((mitchbre))) and fellow sisters who deal with MS. I know you know we are all different in what we experience with this disease, but I wanted to share that I had great success and was only helped by having my surgery.

Although, it's difficult to say exactly what might have caused it, I do feel that perhaps my recovery was a bit longer because of the MS, but I was recovering from months of heavy bleeding that had taken a huge toll on my body anyway. In the long run taking care of this problem when I did resulted in less stress on my body and allowed me to over come and have better health today-7 years later.

I wish you all well and hope you all have great success with your surgeries. Try not to be impatient with the healing process. It can take time, for me it was about 8 months. Keep your eye on the long range goal of improved quality of life and years of freedom from pain and what ever other problems you're dealing with now.
:hugs2u: Rita
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:59 AM

Thanks Rita! And hi Carrie & PEANIEP. I'm at 8 weeks and it's a slow process- just chugging along. Today I have an ultrasound to see if I need more surgery to drain my infected blood clot. Hopefully, if that happens it won't make the MS flare too bad this time. :-)
Cheers, Wendy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register