Endo Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Endo Biopsy

Hello ladies,

Going in for my endo biopsy tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? My gyn says this is necessary in order to get a hyst.

Thanks.

Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Re: Endo Biopsy

I had two of them in the years before my hysterectomy. Neither one was particularly painful; they felt like a pinch and then it was over, and I spotted a tiny bit afterwards. My DR said I could take a Motrin before the appointment if I was worried about it hurting.

The first time, I was pretty anxious beforehand and tensed up; my DR gave me some time to relax and breathe. I focused on consciously 'opening up', much as I do prior to a pelvic exam, and that made it a lot easier.

Good luck!

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM

I was told to take ibuprofen beforehand so maybe that helped. My first attempt was unsuccessful but not painful. The next, I had a block used and again it didn't hurt. Good luck with the test and results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Take Motrin before hand! I have had two, one where I took the Motrin about an hour before and one where I didnt. What a difference. There is a little pinch and some cramping, and its over pretty quick, but make yourself as comfortable as possible.

Good Luck to you!
Sherry

Unread 11-08-2011, 08:20 PM

I took Motrin before mine. I was nervous because my gyn said my large uterus was "pulling" my cervix upward and it may be difficult. I didn't feel anything during the proceedure. Good luck with yours.
Unread 11-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Take an aspirin beforehand. Mine did hurt, she didnt grab enough tissue the first time and had to go in again to get more. You will have cramping afterwards.
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM

Ok so biopsy done. Felt like bad menstrual cramps. Possible surgery date 12/9. Should know in a couple days.
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm glad the biopsy is done. Here's hoping your surgery is successful.
Unread 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemel View Post
Hello ladies,

Going in for my endo biopsy tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? My gyn says this is necessary in order to get a hyst.

Thanks.

Mel
I just had one of those on the 25th, it was very easy and felt like a little tug and a pinch. It was my second in my lifetime. The only thing I can say my Dr's office didn't realize I worked on my feet and did a lot of lifting it caused me to bleed a lot more. It is best not to lift and to stay off your feet for a few days. The first time I had it done I had a desk job and went right back to work that afternoon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register